Help me - trapped nerve!

Thanks everyone for your advice, I'm a bit worried about going down the Chiropractic route as I had an operation on my spine earlier this year and they sound like they can get a bit rough.

I'm hoping that it may just ease itself out, otherwise I shall graft a hotwater bottle to my skin for constant warmth!!!

Hello

I'm sorry to hear of your pain! I'm a massage therapist and I have had alot of success treating conditions with symptoms similar to yours.

I believe that treatments are most effective if they are pleasurable

They definitely should not hurt! I offer a mobile service so can visit you at your home or another place, I sometimes use the Bohemian (Chesterfield Road) and The Airy Fairy (London Road).

You can find more details about me and my treatments on my website: http://www.theandreatouch.com

I'm holding an event at the Bohemian on Sunday 10th December where I'll be doing 15 minute treatments for £8. You can find more details at http://www.theandreatouch.com/the_healing_touch.htm

I look forward to hearing from you

Love Massage Lady

READ THIS.

I can sympathise with the posters here. I have tried doctors, physios, chiroprachters, neurologists, had MR and MRI scans, etc in short - the whole lot! I suffered for over two years. What worked for me was several sessions with an experienced acupuncturist. I feel so lucky to be rid of this and have been virtually trouble free for the last four years.

See a chiropractor. I see Dr Andrew Carr at his Wadsley Park/Middlewood Clinic at Hillsborough. I see him for my spine pain and he sorted it out for me very quickly. He is very good and knows his stuff. It's not rough and the pain relief........

The address on his business card is

Carr Clinic Group

50 Middlewood Drive East

Wadsley Park Village

Sheffield

S6 1RS

07813 496 395

a family member had a trapped nerve in his back ,doctor advised heat packs for 3 days followed by ice packs for 3 days - did the job for him. he bought the little gel pack thingy's btw.

Not all chiropractic is "rough".

There is a guy at Clinic One who does spinal therapy which is a lot more gentle, and it releases trapped nerves. Give him a call for a chat 236 4141

hi all fellow sufferers out there! well the bad news is i have had this for 3yrs! the good news is, i saw our new GP today and feel more positive already. yeah so the hospital have lost the results of my scan etc, but these are now going to be chased up! new painkillers, referral to physio at the hospital of my choice, stop takin the beta blockers for migraines and see where we go from here. hey no complaints about my treatment just needed a fresh approach. so here's to getting a good nights sleep!

what about asking your GP for a short course of corticosteriods if it's not chronic?

I have suffered with intense pain from my shoulder all down my arm for 18 months. I had an MRI scan which revealed a foraminal stenosis between c5/6 of my cervical spine. It's like a disc swelling that presses onto the root nerves which come out from the spinal cord. I'm suffering from root nerve pain down my right arm and the pain can move to various parts of my upper left side. I think it may be called Brachialgia. It drove my to dispair over 12 months. I'm now taking a drug called Gabapentin, it's also used to treat epilepsy. It works by blocking some of your nerve signalling or confusing it to some extent. Although i am not completely pain free, I am able to get on with my life again. The condition will require surgery but I'm keeping that as a last resort.