Do you or have you worked for Carillion?

is there anyone on here who works for or has worked for carillion in rotherham

I do - why what do you need to know

which site are you talkin about

i went for an interview at the site in rotherham this week just wanted to know what they are like to work for

A mate of mine used to work for em, he was based at Aston nr the A57 roundabout.

He never really had a bad word forrem, but used to let slip that the management often bent the rules to suit.

Oh n if ur face don't fit, don't bother :suspect::suspect:

yeah i used to work at the swanage court site but moved out to the airport now - same company

worked there for 1year and out here for 1 year and bunnykiss your right ;)

Carillion values

Openness-Collaboration-Mutual dependency-Professional delivery-Sustainable profit and growth-Innovation

• Carillion has a great publicity machine in place making out it’s the best in the business.

• Carillion likes to flaunt its “Values policy”

• Carillion is environmentally aware and actively seeks best practice is all its activities

• Carillion wants and actively seeks to keep good people

• Carillion has a “great debate” forum which produces usable feedback which is listened too and acted upon

• Carillion has an internal intranet forum which would allow you free expression positive and negative comments are welcome.

• Carillion endorse family values and demonstrate this in its approach to the working hour’s directive.

• Carillion pay structure is the best in the business

The truth

• Carillion’s publicity machine: All show and no substance.

• Carillion’s values live with the senior directors only and a handful of people whose job it is to make you feel the call centre is all fun and games-it ain’t. Outside of that circle the company is like any other-full of bad managers who continue to bully and threaten on a daily bases

• Carillion’s environmental policy stinks. If the truth be known (come on you engineering people, spill the beans, you know what I’m talking about) best practice (as long as it doesn’t cost)

• Carillion want to retain good people: shore they do, but the good people want to work for a responsible, trustworthy, reliable, good payer. Sorry Carillion that’s not you.

• Carillion great debate is a good idea-you listen to peoples complaints-then Carillion focuses the management to intimidate the very people dishing the dirt until they leave or are sacked.

• Carillion intranet forum: limited in use to those who are afraid to speak their mind, for retribution is only around the corner, You dare not criticise for the wrath of John Davies (moderator) will delete you and banish you from the forum. (see Carillion values)

• Carillion family values. Forget it. If you’re not putting in at least a 75 hour week you’ll be out in a month.

• Carillion pay. Says who

This might all sound like sour grapes. Well join the gang, and we’ll await your report in 6 months.

Carillion values

Openness-Collaboration-Mutual dependency-Professional delivery-Sustainable profit and growth-Innovation

• Carillion has a great publicity machine in place making out it’s the best in the business.

• Carillion likes to flaunt its “Values policy”

• Carillion is environmentally aware and actively seeks best practice is all its activities

• Carillion wants and actively seeks to keep good people

• Carillion has a “great debate” forum which produces usable feedback which is listened too and acted upon

• Carillion has an internal intranet forum which would allow you free expression positive and negative comments are welcome.

• Carillion endorse family values and demonstrate this in its approach to the working hour’s directive.

• Carillion pay structure is the best in the business

The truth

• Carillion’s publicity machine: All show and no substance.

• Carillion’s values live with the senior directors only and a handful of people whose job it is to make you feel the call centre is all fun and games-it ain’t. Outside of that circle the company is like any other-full of bad managers who continue to bully and threaten on a daily bases

• Carillion’s environmental policy stinks. If the truth be known (come on you engineering people, spill the beans, you know what I’m talking about) best practice (as long as it doesn’t cost)

• Carillion want to retain good people: shore they do, but the good people want to work for a responsible, trustworthy, reliable, good payer. Sorry Carillion that’s not you.

• Carillion great debate is a good idea-you listen to peoples complaints-then Carillion focuses the management to intimidate the very people dishing the dirt until they leave or are sacked.

• Carillion intranet forum: limited in use to those who are afraid to speak their mind, for retribution is only around the corner, You dare not criticise for the wrath of John Davies (moderator) will delete you and banish you from the forum. (see Carillion values)

• Carillion family values. Forget it. If you’re not putting in at least a 75 hour week you’ll be out in a month.

• Carillion pay. Says who

This might all sound like sour grapes. Well join the gang, and we’ll await your report in 6 months.

My friend, you are are very honest person.

I work for a carillion unit on the south coast and have done for 3 and a half years, I have applied 3 times for promotion within my contract base and have been turned down every time for someone that my ops' manager has known for many years from previous contracts. I have also applied for higher training several times and, guess what, have been turned down at every opportunity.

recently we have had a new site supervisor appointed, a position which I applied for and was turned down for because i apparently don't have "adequate qualifications". I know for a fact that i am the higest qualified engineer that works for Carillion at my base site, even my ops manager. The guy who was given the job is a pipe fitter with no qualifications except expired gas certificates, he has however worked with my ops' manager for 15+ years so if you put 2 and 2 together you come up with a kick in the <removed>.

As for as their values go, they have at best very little and at worst none whatsoever.

Despite the fact that I was passed over for promotion yet again, I am still expected to write specifications and vet ALL staff within my discipline who work on our site.

It honestly could not be put better "if your face don't fit, forget it".

Edited by DaFoot

A friend of mine use to work for them before moving sideways when they recently lost a maintenance contract and never had a bad thing to say about them.

I've been brought in to carry work out on behalf of Carillion on a site in Sheffield and one at Grimsby. Both engineers who signed me into the sites were happy working with Carillion and the only complaint was that one of them had a problem with the travel, due to covering someone elses area whilst off sick, and also 'pay for fuel on your own personal card and claim it back', as there was a delay in re-issueing new fuel cards.

Like most big national companies the way staff are treated may vary from department to department or region to region.

It may be that Southernboy has been turned down for promotion for other reason or through less experiance than the other candidates. If training is required and identified then the company has a legal obligation to supply such training. Try contacting HR if these problems persist.

I was a temp for them for a while and really enjoyed my time there. The people were lovely and and it was a very pleasant environment. I suppose it's different for different people but I can't fault it.

Carillion are a underhanded uncaring huge ****e company

Edited by Dave73

I have two sons working for them and a husband in Canada. They are not impressed with the lies that they have been told at Carillion Canada . Plus the foremans let out personal information about other employees . Not a stand up company for sure.