The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Happy to survey your property, discuss your options and provide a free written quote, cheers, Steve

roughly how much to take out a old back boiler and replace with new combi boiler,would want a good boiler with decent warrenty.its a 2 bed house.

Check out our fixed prices at http://www.oneheating.co.uk.

We have recently rebranded and have a showroom in Doncaster centre on the high street.

We can now offer Vaillant boilers with 5 years warranty as standard for less than the equivalent ideal logic.

Happy to quote.

Regards Steven Peacock.

Ps we appeared in the business section of the Sheffield star tonight. An article about our new showroom.

roughly how much to take out a old back boiler and replace with new combi boiler,would want a good boiler with decent warrenty.its a 2 bed house.

From what i have heard combis are more trouble than the savings using them.I have an old ,at least 35 years old gas back boiler,apart from servicing it has cost nothing in repairs.Last year i fitted a woodburner into the system and saved over 600 pounds on the gas bill.

Hi,

Looking for some advice, my boiler has stopped heating (water and CH). The flame is still lit and it sounds as though it is starting up when I turn on the hot tap. Just no hot water. A friend said it might be something to do with the fan?

Any ideas?

wouldnt like to say for definite without looking at it but when you run the hot tap for a little while does the flow pipe on the heating start to get hot?

what make and model boiler do you have?

cheers Jon

Hi,

Looking for some advice, my boiler has stopped heating (water and CH). The flame is still lit and it sounds as though it is starting up when I turn on the hot tap. Just no hot water. A friend said it might be something to do with the fan?

Any ideas?

If it is not firing up on CH or hot water then it may well be the fan, as you suspect, would need to do a few checks to confirm the exact problem. Currently booked up next few days but could visit next week if you are not sorted before then, cheers, Steve

Hi,

Any ideas?

:hihi: Go in false roof and see if there is plenty water in the central heating header tank :) small one :) some times valve sticks and tank runs dry. Common fault :(

From what i have heard combis are more trouble than the savings using them.I have an old ,at least 35 years old gas back boiler,apart from servicing it has cost nothing in repairs.Last year i fitted a woodburner into the system and saved over 600 pounds on the gas bill.

I do not agree. A combi will prove reliable if it is installed correctly, system flushed adequately and a quality appliance fitted. If a cheap combi is fitted poorly and the system not flushed adequately then you may well have problems. Converting from a back-boiler to a combi will give at least 30% saving on your gas bill, cheers, Steve

Regards Steven Peacock.

Ps we appeared in the business section of the Sheffield star tonight. An article about our new showroom.

Nice bit of publicity :thumbsup: Though they do say the camera 'adds ten pounds' lol, Russ looks ok :hihi::hihi:

Hi I would be able to come and look at the boiler to give you a free quote to fix it

Thank you Scott

Yep, the ideal logic+ is a great boiler.

Done 2 recently and the customers have been really pleased with them.

You need to get people round to survey the job as there are too many unknowns to quote blind.

Nice bit of publicity :thumbsup: Though they do say the camera 'adds ten pounds' lol, Russ looks ok :hihi::hihi:

that's what i thought Steve...woudn't trust a chunky bloke like that on my roof fitting a solar panel...:D