Radio Sheffield's new text phone number

is it me or is this a scam - IS THIS JUST money making for them:suspect:

only just realised after querying mi bill that even tho' its unlimited texting you get charged for texting such as football heaven even tho 90% ot time they dont even read em out

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER !!!!:rant:

LONG LIVE HALLAM FM:huh:

that one of those lame djs that only say "text me text me text me text me" al lthe time...? oh and "email me email me phone me phone me"

Commertial radio died a LONG time ago due to djs having nothing usefull to say inbeteen songs other than the above. Why do they even bother speaking at all?

total rip off in my opinion

never say it'll cost you when they constantly ask you to text in

no more from me thats for sure !!!

hallam fm have operated the same system for a number of years now...

It's the same whenever you text an organisation such as the BBC or Five (I'm thinking of the competitions they run after shows like CSI) and why they state the mobile phone charges will be higher.

I fell for it once with the BBC's 'Test the Nation' thing they ran a few years ago. I texted my answers, and got a thank you text for submitting them - only to find out that while I had knowingly paid 10p per text to respond, I got charged 12p for the response from the Beeb thanking me for taking part and acknowledging they had received my answers. I've never done it since.

In a similar thing to what Death Axe was referring to, a friend's young daughter (11 or 12 at the time and not particularly streetwise) got sucked into one of the music channels and the way they did it was to reply to her as though they were her friend, being really interested in her and asking her to tell them more about herself, etc. It was only when her brother spotted it scrolling across his TV in his own room, and recognised certain things, that they realised and the bill came in at over £300. Personally I think these sorts of things should be banned, along with Finance/Loan adverts, betting adverts, 'get the value of your car'-type adverts ... this list is endless

the thing is they never used to charge !!

infact at times it used to be quite a laugh getting one up on mates texting certain programmes

when it changed numbers there wasnt any mention of a charge from what i rememeber

yud have thought the BEEB would have learned from their mistakes .....

hense the reason for the rant

you dont mind paying for something when you know theres a charge !!!!

this is like daylight robbery !!

Are they allowed to charge in the first place? looks liek the BBC are yet again having their cake and eating it, extortion tax as well as charing extra for stuff like this.