Sign in to follow this  

Nick Margerrison on Hallam FM

Caught a bit of this guys late night show earlier today. From the sounds of it, he's not too popular with the callers. I think he sounded like a bit of a self opinionated, arrogant nob trying to provoke a reaction from callers to boost listening figures. A bit like me on here, except to provoke replies to posts...... but thats another story. So, what does everyone here make of him? Didn't catch much of his show, anyone ever phoned in or anything?

I've phoned in on his (former) morning show a couple of times, trying to win myself a few competitions. Came semi-close to them, got on the air a few times, and have had a chat or two with him during the songs and ad breaks.

Yes, most of the time he's a tit. But that's what makes the show so appealing.

According to the Hallam FM website, he checks these boards regularly, so he's likely to read this...

Hallam Fm's late night show used to be fab when Diana Luke did it!

Don't know much about the other guy though, I haven't really listened to the late night show since she left!

( Can a mod delete my post before please)

[Edited by Tony Ruscoe - Previous post deleted as requested!]

for those who care, diana luke now does late night on real radio!

She used to follow Paul Massey on saturday nights back in the late 80's, early 90's. In this the time you were talking about or has she been back since?

The trouble with nick is that he genuinly is up his own rear in regards to his own opinions, ie. he takes them too far, alienating his callers and generating too much negative attitude from people (see their site) Then insulting them after, his show *used* to be good when he listened to his callers then made an opinion on their topic, all i hear now is just nick shouting down at them with some "err, um, when.., i tri... the poin..." etc. from the caller as they battle to try and put across a point

but, I turned over to Radio 1 and heard a song Ive been waiting ages to listen to again :P

Originally posted by caprice

Hallam Fm's late night show used to be fab when Diana Luke did it!

Don't know much about the other guy though, I haven't really listened to the late night show since she left!

( Can a mod delete my post before please)

[Edited by Tony Ruscoe - Previous post deleted as requested!]

I heard a few when she did it, the Canadian one? She was very boring. All 'lets talk about it', with regards to relationship problems and related issues. Who cares about some strangers relationship issues? Not me, hence I didn't listen again.

i hate him!!! he is so annoying id rather listen to galaxy. its much better than listening to him slate and insult the callers that dont have the same opinion as him. I like dianna Luke she was good..........its nice tohave a mature chat once in a while rather than talking about some sort of crap. If Nick does read this i just wanna tell him that infact all my friends now listen to a different radio station and i think that u shud leave or you will end up with the sack cos u r annoying and very insultive towards your callers.

Originally posted by 367squadron

i hate him!!! he is so annoying id rather listen to galaxy. its much better than listening to him slate and insult the callers that dont have the same opinion as him. I like dianna Luke she was good..........its nice tohave a mature chat once in a while rather than talking about some sort of crap. If Nick does read this i just wanna tell him that infact all my friends now listen to a different radio station and i think that u shud leave or you will end up with the sack cos u r annoying and very insultive towards your callers.

I agree. From what I've heard of him he sounds like an annoying idiot. Although I disagree with Diana Luke being good.

Hes an idiot i absolutely despise him. He makes some stupid comment such as the other night when he said people shouldnt wear poppies and comes up with an argument to back it up knowing people will ring up annoyed and when they try to put a reasonable argument across he shouts them down or calls them thick and cuts them off. Then you get the morons ringing up agreeing that the last caller was thick and nick is right.

Thing is theres bugger all else on at night so when youre in the car you have to listen to it or sit in silence. Id much rather listen to an intelligent talk show though and i might even tune in voluntarily if this were to happen but since hes the DJ i defintely wont be doing.

Its not particularly his opinions that bother me although i do disagree with them its the fact he will not accept any arguments. What the hells the point in having a talk show if it just revolves around his opinions and the fact theyre right no matter what you have to say.

Hes an arrogant swine whos too thick to do anything useful so gets stuck DJing til the early hours of the morning and just cos he has the power to cut people off thinks hes the best thing since sliced bread.

Hope he reads this but he probably cant work out how to use the net anyway so i doubt he will.

Ill back any campaign to get him thrown off infact im off now to email hallam to tell them how awful he is.

Diana Luke actually listened to her callers... Thats why she didn't have to provoke arguments to get more listeners. I, personally enjoyed her show, but I understand where t020's coming from when he says he didn't want to listen to other peoples problems in their relationships.

It wasn't all women's talk though, there were a lot of real debates aswell, some of which got heated, but they were kept under control by Diana.