Failed pip assement

On the 10th of april i had a dreaded pip medical at east bank road medical centre in sheffield the assessor basically put down a load of B.S and lies about my medical problems. She put down i was having driving lessons i am not never had them. She ignored my aspbergers and my large umbilical hernia the size of a melon

As a result of her B.S i was turned down for Pip :rant: anybody else had this problem i am appealing about this decision

On the 10th of april i had a dreaded pip medical at east bank road medical centre in sheffield the assessor basically put down a load of B.S and lies about my medical problems. She put down i was having driving lessons i am not never had them. She ignored my aspbergers and my large umbilical hernia the size of a melon

As a result of her B.S i was turned down for Pip :rant: anybody else had this problem i am appealing about this decision

Sorry to hear this but you are far from alone. Get your appeal in now you only have a month from the date on your decision letter. Go to Citizen Advice if you need an helping hand we got an general election soon remember this assessment when voting. Good luck.

It is high time there was a public enquiry in to this scandal of the disabled being falsely misrepresented on such a scale

ask advice from Age uk see if they can help.

Umbilical hernia is uncomfortable but no need to suffer as they can be repaired surgically. You would need to see your GP for referral to a surgeon. See here for more information.

Edited by Jomie

Well the assessor has made a fraudulent statement if they have put down that you are taking driving lessons when you are not taking them or have never had them. Surely that makes all the other comments made by the assessor not credible as they have lied about the driving lessons.

I know exactly how you feel. I've bi polar disorder diagnosed about 3 year back. Personality disorder diagnosed 1994 due to neglect etc as child. ADHD diagnosed when I lived in Sheff abit 2 yr back. I have nerve damage in my right buttock/ right leg. No knee reflex due to nerve damage creeping down my leg. Had tumer on my spine in 2006 ..which when removed caused the parasia ( nerve damage) after the removal of that tumor behind the spinal column, lumber spondylosis on left side only as I got knocked down when I was 11 on left side, In Nov 2015 had Mri scan to see if the tumar had returned it had not, but then the mri scanner picked up facet joints mild problems. Not to mention old fracture because I fell on luma bone on my left wrist / hand & the pisiform & hamate bone fractured. Carpel tunnel in right hand. iWAS TURNED DOWN for pip as the assesser lied through her back teeth. I didn't have all my correspondence to hand at that time only some Mri report from 2015 but it wasn't good enough. They kept turning me down, I'm now awaiting the tribunal service been waiting 6 weeks. I've been told it's up to 16 weeks. They didn't contact my doctor or my cpn..the system is joke. Good luck mate I hope you win as for me. I've had to pay £10 for all my medical records dating back years with all proofs / referrals / diagnosis. I'm ready for them this time, the stress is unbearable

Appeal!!!

And get some help to do it. Citizen's advice is a good place to start. And as much supporting material from your doctor, medical reports etc.

Has your Aspergers been diagnosed? Because I believe you can request / insist on having an assessor who is Autism / Mental Health trained. And keep a diary of your health and daily needs.

It really is disgusting discrimination, but you are now part of a growing club. I concur with what Crookedspire says; remember, and vote accordingly in the general election.

Good Luck.

I really feel for you, I have known incidents of assessors lying on several occasions, not for PIP but ESA but same situation, one thing that is really important I feel now is to have interviews recorded, it safeguards everyone.

Good luck with your appeal.

I am informed from the guy representing me at thr Tribunal that these are doctors and not so called health professionals and a large number of the original decisions mare reconsidered.

It is high time there was a public enquiry in to this scandal of the disabled being falsely misrepresented on such a scale

There Was ......

The UN Inquiry into the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the UK

Published Monday, March 6, 2017

This Commons Library briefing paper provides information on the inquiry by the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities into the impact of Government policies on the rights of disabled people since 2010.

The UN Committee inquiry

At the end of August 2015, it was revealed in the national press that the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) was to conduct an inquiry into the impact of the UK Government’s policies on the rights of disabled people.

The inquiry was conducted under the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, to which the UK has been a signatory since 2007. The Optional Protocol allows the UN Committee to investigate a State Party if they have received reliable evidence of ‘grave and systematic violations of the Convention’. The UK is the first country to be investigated by the UN in relation to this Convention.

The Committee's findings

The Committee's report, published on 6 October 2016, found that Government reforms*had led to ‘grave and systematic’ violations of the rights of disabled people. The report emphasises*the impact of changes to Housing Benefit entitlement, eligibility criteria for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and social care, and the closure*of the Independent Living Fund.

The Government's response

The Government published a robust response alongside the publication of the Committee’s report, stating that it “strongly disagrees” with the findings.

What next?

Like other UN human rights conventions, the CRPD does not contain any mechanism that allows the Committee to enforce its recommendations. As the Government’s response to the report rejected all the recommendations made, there are no more official steps in the process.

This report was Just ignored.

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7367

There Was ......

The UN Inquiry into the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the UK

Published Monday, March 6, 2017

This Commons Library briefing paper provides information on the inquiry by the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities into the impact of Government policies on the rights of disabled people since 2010.

The UN Committee inquiry

At the end of August 2015, it was revealed in the national press that the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) was to conduct an inquiry into the impact of the UK Government’s policies on the rights of disabled people.

The inquiry was conducted under the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, to which the UK has been a signatory since 2007. The Optional Protocol allows the UN Committee to investigate a State Party if they have received reliable evidence of ‘grave and systematic violations of the Convention’. The UK is the first country to be investigated by the UN in relation to this Convention.

The Committee's findings

The Committee's report, published on 6 October 2016, found that Government reforms*had led to ‘grave and systematic’ violations of the rights of disabled people. The report emphasises*the impact of changes to Housing Benefit entitlement, eligibility criteria for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and social care, and the closure*of the Independent Living Fund.

The Government's response

The Government published a robust response alongside the publication of the Committee’s report, stating that it “strongly disagrees” with the findings.

What next?

Like other UN human rights conventions, the CRPD does not contain any mechanism that allows the Committee to enforce its recommendations. As the Government’s response to the report rejected all the recommendations made, there are no more official steps in the process.

This report was Just ignored.

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7367

Well that speaks volumes about our present government.

To knowingly do this is an absolute national disgrace.

I have little time for governments that knowingly harrass and cruelly target disabled people and I am disgusted.