New Tesco Metro on Church St!

I love Tesco. Still a bit gutted we didn't get a hooters. Can't say I'd go that often but the one in Nottingham seems to do well and bring a lot of extra people in. Don't really see why people have a problem with it. There's some strange folk in Sheffield.

Hooters was turned down because there was and is a anti "sexist" agenda by SCC and a few religious types and feminists created a fuss, SCC are against anything business wise that doesnt fit their pc ideals!

Or maybe the objection was that the city centre didn't need another tacky American burger joint - just a thought...............

are you sure it isn't going to be a Tesco express, as I cant see them opening a metro when there is one on west street, express stores are in close locations together, metros normally arent is this on the councils website as ive not heard anything in press

Hooters was turned down because there was and is a anti "sexist" agenda by SCC and a few religious types and feminists created a fuss, SCC are against anything business wise that doesnt fit their pc ideals!

Which religious types would those be and aren't there one or two lap dancing clubs licensed by the council still in operation?

Its gonna be an express i was told by someone who works where the west st one is. Dont even know where church st is. How close is that to the west st tesco?

Its gonna be an express i was told by someone who works where the west st one is. Dont even know where church st is. How close is that to the west st tesco?

5 mins walk

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 18:23 ----------

what on earth were the planners thinking of????? granting planning for a tesco in this position, i have no axe to grind against TESCO BUT SERIOUSLY SHEFFIELD COUNCIL???? next to the Cutlers hall, a building that celebrates Sheffields steel and cutlery heritage, opposite the Cathedral, hardly in keeping is it???? oh and it was a really beautiful building inside and out and have just seen the quality wooden banking hall features & guts being ripped out and thrown into skips, shame on you:rant:

how do you know its going to be a tesco

i agree it was a dump and needed something doing to it but a Tesco???? and also sainsburys further down is opening at the old blacks store, soon thats all there will be is charity shops and supermarkets..........way to go council thats the way to get people into the centre:roll::roll:

better than a empty shop and tesco on west street is too far out to benefit from city centre trade

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 19:42 ----------

5 mins walk

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 18:23 ----------

how do you know its going to be a tesco

5 mins its further than that

Or maybe the objection was that the city centre didn't need another tacky American burger joint - just a thought...............

and which other American burger joint tacky or not are you talking about?? you clearly have never been to a Hooters!!!

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 19:51 ----------

Which religious types would those be and aren't there one or two lap dancing clubs licensed by the council still in operation?

all types probably but a small minority of the city population and yes i believe they are still open but can hardly be compared to Hooters!!!

is it all hear say as no one seems to know where this rumour has come from, anyone seen anything on councils website or any planning application info outside the building

So a Hooters opposite the cathedral is ok, but a mini supermarket isn't?

and which other American burger joint tacky or not are you talking about?? you clearly have never been to a Hooters!!!

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 19:51 ----------

all types probably but a small minority of the city population and yes i believe they are still open but can hardly be compared to Hooters!!!

I have and it's as I said - tacky.

not read through this thread but isn't t former blacks store on high street going to become a supermarket as well