Bathroom Megathread. Advice & recommendations - no quotes/advertising

The LOL is about the price, but also the giving of advice when not experienced to do so, also quoting blind and in general which is a major no no.

My advice to the OP is to search the recommended tradesman thread and then make a decision who to call, all a thread like this achieves is people coming on saying 'call me'.

I very rarely find a straightforward swap job, pipework often has to be remodeled, new fittings etc... If its a 1 day job the OP or tiler will then have to tile around W.C. and basin, vinyl cut around ped and w.c. There is simply more to it than a couple of guys one day, bish bash bosh.

I suppose it depends on the OP's budget and what they expect in terms of quality and workmanship. I have seen some absolute shockers in my travels, some from tradesmen off the forum as well and you could tell it was a one day quick swap, but again it comes down to budget.

I agree with Sam. But then the OP is asking for a straight swap and like for like. Usually though it is not that straight forward. Unless the new suite is absolutely the bang same size and dimensions then there are other issues to sort out.

If after reading the OP someone quotes blind then the OP might just get what they have asked for. The 'other' adjustments of course will be extra. This is where the OP can get themselves into trouble.

i seriously doubt anyone has ever done a "STRAIGHT SWAP"

a "STRAIGHT SWAP" is puttin a new suite in place of an old,, and the price tag usually includes ifs and buts,

think about it £300 -£350 for a days work ????? theres more than enough in those sorts of prices for any ifs and buts !

its easy to give a price for a straight swap without seeing it when your giving those sorts of prices, but if you want to be competative i agree 100% you need to see a job,

the reccomendations thing can be a bit misleading aswell,,

people have different standards,, i used a window fitter who was highly reccomended by wanna my old work buddies,,

from bitter experience i can honestly say i wouldnt let him reglaze my garden shed, never mind my house !

Hi there

i would be happy to come and do a quote or the work required

ive got 10 years experience property maintenance

my number is 07595662663 please ring and leave a message and ill get back to you

or text and ill give you a call i can also be reached bye email on

parkerspropertys@aol.co.uk

thanks

Mick Parker

Hi,

Could come out tomorrow and give you a quote, 25 years experience, David 07769811995 or 2305858

------------------------------------------------------

Floor2Ceiling

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a bathroom fitter who would be willing to travel to Doncaster to carry out the work?

The bathroom needs a total overhall and we need someone who can do everything - installation, electrics, plumbing, tiling, plastering etc.

Thanks

hi try dan 2802 off this forum i,ve seen his work spot on ta jeff

Hi there

i would be happy to come and do a quote or the work required

ive got 10 years experience property maintenance

my number is 07595662663 please ring and leave a message and ill get back to you

or text and ill give you a call i can also be reached by email on

parkerspropertys@aol.co.uk

thanks

Mick Parker

hi try dan 2802 off this forum i,ve seen his work spot on ta jeff

Thanks for the recommendation but not interested in job in Donny. Sorry.

hi

we have seen on ebay some lovely bathroom suites at a cheap price and was wondering how much it would cost for someone to change it over thanx

Hi please call for a quote as I would have to see the job to give you a free quote

Thank you Scott

Surely there must be some plumbers advertising in local papers?

Scotts right. No one can quote blind, if anyone does, run a mile!!