Where Can I Get A Real Christmas Tree That Won't Drop Needles?

Decided to have a real one this year now the kids are a bit older, but don't want to be constantly sweeping up the needles. Anyone know which is the best type to buy and where I can get one from? :banana:

Me too please, never had a real one because hubby complaining about dropped needles (only fair really as he does the hoovering!) But I am putting my foot down this year, and also fancy a real one. I've been led to believe that live, potted trees don't drop? Pricey though..........

dont all real tree's drop their needles, so you wont avoid the hoovering...oh yes you will, hubby does it...hehe

I get mine from B&Q. I find this the best

the needles are soft and only drop towards the end of xmas when the tree is starting to dry out.

The best thing to help prevent needles dropping is when you buy the tree, saw off the bottom os the stub so its a fresh cut, make sure it is watered everyday and position in an area away from radiators etc.

we get ours from outside morrisons at hillsborough, get the slightly more expensive ones. They are still very reasonable. Put a litte soil in the bottom of the pot when you get it home too, supposed to help.

I got a lovely one from B & Q last year for £10 and 6ft tall they had reduced them all about Two weeks before Christmas and the needles didn't drop off

The best tree with regard to needle-drop is the Nordmann Fir and you will find that this is the tree now sold by most major outlets.

The tips have all been given above.

Shake/brush out any loose needles before you take it in.

Cut off the bottom inch, keep in water and as cool as possible.

Don't expect it to last more than 4 weeks.

dont all real tree's drop their needles, so you wont avoid the hoovering...oh yes you will, hubby does it...hehe

Well it's not as though he's under the thumb or anything. In our house he wears the trousers and I tell him which pair to wear!

Like the tip about buying the tree 2 weeks before crimbo and getting it half price, love a bargain!;)

you want a " lodge pole pine " they hardly drop any needles at all and are much nicer...

There's a nursery in Stannington where you actually pick a growing one from a field, then they dig it up and cut the roots off for you. That way you know it's frssh and they last much longer.