Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

Entry should be free for buyers.

Do you realise that you would actually get MORE buyers if it was free entry?

Hense more sellers next time instead of just a few.

Think about it?

Does anyone know if Marsh Lane is on this Sunday...if so what time should i get there..if not are there any others on in shefield or very near surrounding areas

Entry should be free for buyers.

Do you realise that you would actually get MORE buyers if it was free entry?

Hense more sellers next time instead of just a few.

Think about it?

well said thats where Owlerton and Arena went wrong..the organisers were charged massive ammounts i know but still..

Apparently the Dronfield one at Callywhite Lane is also charging a £1 entrance fee for buyers, so I probably won't bother going to it. Hopefully if everyone stays away they will eventually realise that people don't want to go to car boots where you have to pay to get in.

hi all wanting to do a car boot this sundaydont want marsh lane can anyone recomend any where thanks

It is correct that Bowshaw are charging only £1 per car - don't know how they make it work. There is a new car boot starting this Sunday at Callywhite Lane, Dronfield - it might be worth a visit.

Can I pick up on what you said about the Council charging £5 per stall, unless its for charity. Which Council are you referring to? I have never heard this before, Sheffield Council certainly do not charge per stall - you have to get a licence, even if it is for charity!

Im not sure for definite but my mate was considering setting one up and he said that the council charge the organiser(s) a fee depending on how many you are expectng to turn up.

Like it is £?? for 4-100 stalls... £?? for 101-200 stalls e.t.c

But i thing he was miss informed because i googled it and i carnt see anything about it, so my previous post looks like it was incorrect.

Sorry

does anyone know if bowshaw or bakewell is on this weekend tried to phone the contact numbers but not working cheers

Does anyone know if the carboot at the sheffield arena is still running on a sunday? Or if not when it starts back up again please. Thanks

Hi, it doesnt mention the arena at don valley. ?

Motorpoint Arena Car Boot Sale Sheffield

Sheffield Arena Motorpoint Arena Car Boot Sales (See Map Below)

Broughton Lane

Sheffield

S9 2DF

The Biggest Boot Sale in the Sheffield Area!

Open from 6am - Held Every Sundays from April until September, Organised by Yorkshire Car boot Sales Limited

(Except No Boot Sales on 10th April and 8th May)

Tel 07980 496639 or 07798 588011

Are there any carboots in the city center?

There used to be one near the back of the bottom of the moor behind Decathlon & the back of the Wicker! Although i think these don't exist anymore!