Female Sterilisation reversal on NHS

hi there, has anyone on here either had or knows anyone who has had a female Sterilisation reversal on NHS, i have read that thi sis possible but according to my sisters GP it can not be done, if anyone knows of it been done on the NHS and is happy to provide me with some details of where and when it was done i can pass them on to my sister and hopefully it might help her to get hers done.

thanks

As far as I understand it, there are very few areas where this is available on the NHS, because the overall success rate for the operation (as in, the pregnancy rate after reversal) is phenomenally low and the cost of the operation is unfeasably high for the expected return.

It's one thing saying that it's possible, another completely performing it successfully enough to convince NICE that it's effective enough for the NHS to pay for it.

thanks for your reply, i am really looking for people who have had this procedure done on the NHS i think my sister knows the rate of how good the operation will work but if i can just find one or two people who have had it done on the NHS then it gives her something to fight with.

thanks anyway

hi there, has anyone on here either had or knows anyone who has had a female Sterilisation reversal on NHS, i have read that thi sis possible but according to my sisters GP it can not be done, if anyone knows of it been done on the NHS and is happy to provide me with some details of where and when it was done i can pass them on to my sister and hopefully it might help her to get hers done.

thanks

Some one I know had a reversal done over twenty years ago, after tragically losing one of her children, she was pregnant three months after the operation, and had no problems. I also know a person who had the reversal about two years ago, and it has not worked for her so far. the one done twenty+ years ago was done in Sheffield on the NHS

thanks so much for your reply it is really helpful anyone else who can help it would be great, thanks again

paul

I'm afraid that the reversal is not possible on the NHS (I used to work in the Jessop). When a lady wishes to be sterilised she should be told implicitly that it is not available, very sorry.

I'm afraid that the reversal is not possible on the NHS (I used to work in the Jessop). When a lady wishes to be sterilised she should be told implicitly that it is not available, very sorry.

doesn't a person's reason for requesting a reversal come into it these day's, I can understand every one not being suitable.

Hi,

I have friend who is waiting for a referal from her doctor for a reversal as well.

Surely the NHS can't say no to everyone who wants this operation, I have spoken to quite a few women throughout the uk who have had reversals done through the nhs, so it is far from impossible, just quite rare!

Many women have good reasons for wanting this operation, many have lost children, some were in abusive relationships and a couple of women I have spoken to had diagnosed mental illnesses such as depression and post traumatic stress disorders!! In my opinion such circumstances should be taken into consideration. I know of women in Barnsley, Rotherham, Leeds, Birmingham and as far up as Scotland that have all had this done through the Nhs, so please tell your sister not to give up, the chances may be slim but there IS a chance!!

good luck

come on people of sheffield someone must know someone who has had this done all these people on here. i need your help asap

cheers

A friend of mine had this done and had two children and yes on the nh. she also had her boobs done on nh that was about five years ago.

hi thanks for your reply do you know where she had it done which area or hospital am much info would be really helpful.

thanks

why not try going private,they dont care about anything if you can pay (usually).