Has anyone used Global Double Glazing Company?

I was thinking of getting global round for a quote but have they really gone down hill?

Also are they still insolvant?

Thanks, Steve

As far as I know just changed company name again, but trading as Global Windows, by all accounts people who are running the show are really dodgy to put it mildly.

Alway bumping companies and not paying people. Not a happy customer and would not recommend these people!!!!!

My brother in law is a recently retired trading standards officer. He told me not to use Global windows or Safestyle.

Just in case anyone views this from now on.....we have used Global on four occasions now...twice for windows and doors, once for a porch, and lastly for their roofline products.

On all occasions their workmen and salesmen are no problem at all. We have been very happy with all of their glazing products. There have been small faults but they have rectified them after a few weeks.

However, the roofline product is a totally different matter. We now have crumbling brickwork on our 13yr old house because the water from the roof isn't being channeled away properly. Perhaps they should stick to windows? No doubt we are in for a long battle through the small claims court. Not what you want when you paid £4.5k to 'improve' your house.

Just noticed the newer posts...looks like we'll stand no chance of getting them to accept responsibility then as it appears they have really gone downhill...shame because they were really good originally, but it's 2006 since we last used them for windows.

We've used Yorkshire windows previously too and they were also good.

OUr conservatory was guilt by All-Seasons though and he (Gordon) has now gone into liquidation and set straight up as Starglazing I believe so make your own minds up there!

Edited by dexmin
noticed further 'newer' posts when my post was added

Funny that there are alot of replies, both for and against from new posters.

OP - this is one of the reasons why there is meant to be a no naming policy on SF.

Who's opinion can you trust?

An employee of Global may have created an account to heap praise on them whilst a competitor may have done the same thing to criticise.

hi there would be happy to give you a quote. bluestone upvc 01142874024/07720916825 thanks mark.

They are working around the corner from me as I type s8 Norton area, seem to be doing a good job but I suppose you never know unless it's you who's having the work done.

If you see one of their vans outside a house, just pop round once the jobs complete and ask the occupants, its the only way you will get a definite answer.

try asking safestyle for a quote then move house because if you dont you will be inundated will phone calls at all hours of the day 7 days a week 365 days of the year

used to work for them hahahahahaha the above is true n their work is shoddy to say the least as well as rushed !!!!

and this applies to both safestyle and global !!!!

Had a canvasser knock the door,made appointment ,nobody came,month later same again, nobody came! phoned up to complain (Steve) phoned me back and apologised and sent a surveyor up same day.Gave me a price,and said quote will arrive in post,2 weeks later no quote,phoned up left a message nobody got back,phoned up again spoke to surveyor " oh have you not got it, will drop ir personally through your letter box tomorrow, week later still not arrived.Phoned up again and asked for "Steve" to ring me back,guess what,still waiting ! phoned back again and complained "oh have you not got it"asked him where he had sent it too and he said "Rawmarsh" and not my address in Wickersley ??? mentioned he was going to drop it through my letter box last Saturday morning,he says he did come out to re-measure my house ? but left no quote,so gives him my email address and it did arrive,but the price had gone up £650 !!

Could you do business with a company like that ?

Best advice "Stay well clear"

No i would not recomend them

Edited by tiggerdzl
changed mind