DIY or builders.. buying Aimes filler

Can anyone help, calling DIY fanatics or builders? Where can I buy aimes filler from in Sheffield?

Thanks

Is that the stuff that you use over tape to invisibly cover the joints in plasterboard? Is so, I bought the filler and the tape from Homebase, I think the tradename was Hawk? Or Wickes or B&Q probably.

Thanks! Will give it a go..... don't think Aimes is made anymore.

Thanks! Will give it a go..... don't think Aimes is made anymore.

Don't use it without scrim annieg.

Wicks still supply jointing compound and scrim.

Don't use it without scrim annieg.

Wicks still supply jointing compound and scrim.

Thanks Alien..... I intend to use it as a filler for hairline cracks in plaster..... will this be OK?

I used some stuff a couple of years ago for the same job from a former work colleague who told me it was Aimes. The room I did with this is great, I spent hours on another room using pre-mixed pollyfiller and doing far more sanding and the same hairline cracks came back within 6 months!

Hence I am hunting down the good stuff again, I unfortunately nolonger work with the girl I got if from before :(

It's no good for hairline cracks...it has no flexibility. It's perfect for sanding but it needs the scrim to hold it together. My guess is it'll fall out after a while.

Use a flexi filler...more difficult to sand but it'll do the job.

Also...depending on how many cracks you have...it may be better to have the wall skimmed.

It's no good for hairline cracks...it has no flexibility. It's perfect for sanding but it needs the scrim to hold it together. My guess is it'll fall out after a while.

Use a flexi filler...more difficult to sand but it'll do the job.

Also...depending on how many cracks you have...it may be better to have the wall skimmed.

It is a room which was reskimmed about 7 years ago which developed the odd hairline crack, I am about to redecorate/ emulsion the ceiling and walls.

The room I did with the elusive stuff I was told was Aimes was the same scenario, it's over 4 years ago and hasn't recracked. Hence the ellusive search!

Can you reccommend a decent trade flexi filler?

Sounds like the skim wasn't done right...or have the cracks appeared over a mantle?

If the cracks are thin enough you may get away with the emulsion holding the joint compound in place. I wouldn't recommend a Matt emulsion though...unless you put a silk on 1st. Matt doesn't have the elasticity of silk.

Most fillers with "flexible"on the box/tin will do. Do not use caulking.