2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Thanks Paul.

Happy to quote, could probably squeeze 1 more in this year.

http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/mac_plas/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/mac_plas/media/imagejpg3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

That's 1 we finished last week, call for a chat.

Many thanks, Chris @ MAC Plastering

Edited by Mac_Plas
http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/mac_plas/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

hello, long time reader first time poster! . . so I hope I'm in the right thread :)

I'm looking for a structural engineer to help spec foundations and steels for a detached garage building, in order to satisfy building regs. I'm in S8.

All recommendations would be most appreciated.

thanks . . . . thedriver

my new house needs rendering but i cant seem to find any tradesmen here that are as good as back home, most dont even turn up to quote and the others are very vague how hard can it be? any suggestions welcome "Yammas"!

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 15:25 ----------

ooops put it in the wrong section can it be moved to sheffield section thanks

"yammas"

You will find most of the good outdoor tradespeople are booked up for months. Most of my work is outdoors and people have me look at their jobs over winter then give me the job to do in Spring so Spring quotations get done in summer etc.

Bowood is right, summer can be worse than winter for rendering or any outdoor cement work. Autumn is an excellent season for rendering, not hot or cold. Rapid drying is no good for cement based work and I mean drying before it has time to fully set and cure. Be patient and wait for the right guy.

Would definitely recommend Jeff Smith Joinery Solutions. Very friendly guy, did a great job replacing a shelf under my kitchen sink at a decent price.

hi laura thankyou very much ta jeff

Try Mick, tel:07791108462. Very reliable and skilled joiner and Simon who works with him does the roofing.

Hi All,

Just after a bit of help / advise on a few building maintenance issues:-

1. Our wooden bay window frame has started to rot and needs fixing / replacing, possibly needs the roof re-felting too - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

2. Wooden guttering is overflowing when it rains (new last year) we need someone to come out an unblock / fix - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

3. Attic room dormer window facia board needs replacing, possibly needs the roof re-felting too - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

4. New back door and frame needed, looking for a hardwood stable door style door, frame and fixtures and someone to fit it - any suggestions on recommended shop / tradesmen?

5. As a result of guttering leaking, could do with external brickwork re-pointing - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

6. Also looking to get kitchen / dining room skimmed / re-plastered in the near future - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

We live in Sheffield S8 in a typical Sheffield Terrace house with off-shot kitchen and attic conversion (if that helps at all). Ideally want to get some of this list sorted before Autumn. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added 07-08-2014 at 18:58 ----------

hello, long time reader first time poster! . . so I hope I'm in the right thread :)

I'm looking for a structural engineer to help spec foundations and steels for a detached garage building, in order to satisfy building regs. I'm in S8.

thanks . . . . thedriver

Try Miles Seaton Structur Engineering Ltd. Very good and highly qualified.

---------- Post added 07-08-2014 at 19:00 ----------

thanks . . . . thedriver

Try Miles Seaton Structural Engineering Ltd. Very good and highly qualified.

Hi, Can anyone recommend a very good tv engineer who comes to the house. Also We need a qualified electrician to install an electric oven, and a qualified plumber to install a washing machine. Thanks in advance.:help:

Just got some works done by leepy s6 handyman this morning, top bloke, absolutely reasonable price! Would recommend to anyone!

Thanks for feedback,it was a pleasure working for you,see you soon,,S6

Hi, Can anyone recommend a very good tv engineer who comes to the house. Also We need a qualified electrician to install an electric oven, and a qualified plumber to install a washing machine. Thanks in advance.:help:

http://Www.mjb-electricalservices.co.uk

Happy to quote

Thanks

Matt

Hi All,

Just after a bit of help / advise on a few building maintenance issues:-

1. Our wooden bay window frame has started to rot and needs fixing / replacing, possibly needs the roof re-felting too - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

2. Wooden guttering is overflowing when it rains (new last year) we need someone to come out an unblock / fix - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

3. Attic room dormer window facia board needs replacing, possibly needs the roof re-felting too - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

4. New back door and frame needed, looking for a hardwood stable door style door, frame and fixtures and someone to fit it - any suggestions on recommended shop / tradesmen?

5. As a result of guttering leaking, could do with external brickwork re-pointing - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

6. Also looking to get kitchen / dining room skimmed / re-plastered in the near future - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

We live in Sheffield S8 in a typical Sheffield Terrace house with off-shot kitchen and attic conversion (if that helps at all). Ideally want to get some of this list sorted before Autumn. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff the joiner he has loads of posts on the recommended bits, I have worked with him and his work is excellent

---------- Post added 12-08-2014 at 18:10 ----------

Van help with the washer ?

Hi

I would like to recommend Whitecliffes. I have had a cellar conversion that was done to a very high standard by Martin and Dale, and the whole thing was project managed by Eric Cliffe. I was away on business for the whole period of the conversion and the whole thing as done that cleanly you would never have guessed that they had been in. Many thanks guys.

Hi

I would like to recommend Whitecliffes. I have had a cellar conversion that was done to a very high standard by Martin and Dale, and the whole thing was project managed by Eric Cliffe. I was away on business for the whole period of the conversion and the whole thing as done that cleanly you would never have guessed that they had been in. Many thanks guys.

Hello bendus2.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Thank you also for entrusting us in your home whilst you have been away.

Enjoy your conversion!

Whitecliffes.