Hillsborough advice centre

Hi

Just wanted to say how good it is.

I phoned up yesterday and was told about the drop in today.

I got there at 9am and was given a number ticket. They start seeing people at 10am. I was number 8 and was told to come back about

11am. I hung round Hillsborough and did my shopping. When I went back they were only at number 4. So I nipped my shopping home and went back at 12:15.

Although they were on number 12 at this time (it's hard for them to estimate to tell people how long to come back as each customer will be there for different lengths of time) they saw me next.

I was in about 15mins and they agreed to help, offered basic advice and booked me a set appointment time for longer help the following week.

So although i spent my morning hanging around it was free and I now feel relieved and thankful to be getting the help I need and the staff were friendly.

Thanks!!

Citizens advice?

The same service is offered at each and every CAB. It is not specific to Hillsborough.

I'm not saying it isn't offered in other places. I've read bad reports about cab and I wanted to share a positive story! What's wrong with that.

I'm not saying it isn't offered in other places. I've read bad reports about cab and I wanted to share a positive story! What's wrong with that.

Nothing, why?

do you have their number

Yeah :)

Hillsborough & Area Advice Service

Proctor Place

Hillsborough

Sheffield S6 4HF

Tel: 0114 285 2020

Contact Name: Peter Ryan, Centre Co-ordinator

Telephone 1: 0114 285 2020

Telephone 1 Details: Mon, Wed, Fri, and answerphone (please leave a message, an advice worker will ring you back)

Fax: 0114 234 8989

Email: hillsboroughadvice@hotmail.co.uk

Service/Activity Details: Mon-Thurs 9.30am-4.30pm (appointments and home visits only), Tues 10am-1pm (drop-in advice session, arrive before 10am to confirm place)

http://www.sheffieldhelpyourself.org.uk/full_search_new.asp?group=17442&searchname=Hillsborough

Edited by fox20thc

I had to use them once and they were excellent !:)