The Lodge on Rivelin Valley

I was suprised that someone actually lived in that house as it right in the grounds of St Micheals cemetery.

Must be on the scariest places to live list.

Anyone know anything about this house.

Where is it? I can't think of a cemetary on Rivelin Valley?

It's on the left just before Hollins lane as you come up from Malin Bridge. I think.

Another scary house is out on Riggs High road. Sits on it's own, open to the elements and monsters about a mile before you drop down to Manchester Road.

At least, I think it is.

It's on the left just before Hollins lane as you come up from Malin Bridge. I think.

Another scary house is out on Riggs High road. Sits on it's own, open to the elements and monsters about a mile before you drop down to Manchester Road.

At least, I think it is.

Yeah, I know that house well, it is scarey, at least its not in a cemetery.

I was suprised that someone actually lived in that house as it right in the grounds of St Micheals cemetery.

Must be on the scariest places to live list.

I always wanted to live there when I was a kid, they have the best conker trees in that cemetery. I realise now that sounds a bit macabre. There is a path that goes up the side of the cemetery up to the bottom of the bolehills, it's good exercise climbing up it.

The guy that lives there is a stone-mason. He also does maintenance in the cemetery; strimming etc.

i heard years ago from someone who has lived in rivelin valley all her life,

that it was sometimes visited by a group who practised some form of religious rituals in the graveyard.

apparently some very nasty remains were found hanging from the trees the following morning.

must be a very scarey place to live

The guy that lives there is a stone-mason. He also does maintenance in the cemetery; strimming etc.

There is a chapel in the grounds to but its almost invisible in the summer.

Does this guy sleep at night in a place like that.

I couldn't live there myself, it is a lonely scarey place.

When we were kids we were convinced that a witch lived there lol! Whoever it was (an old lady I am sure) used to keep goats in the garden.

It's certainly an odd place to live but does look a lovely little house.

i heard years ago from someone who has lived in rivelin valley all her life,

that it was sometimes visited by a group who practised some form of religious rituals in the graveyard.

apparently some very nasty remains were found hanging from the trees the following morning.

must be a very scarey place to live

Only if you believe in the ritual nonsense. ;) Personally I've never found it especially exciting to dance around a graveyard naked in the dark of night with a bunch of strangers.

It's much more fun with friends in my back garden :D

There is a chapel in the grounds to but its almost invisible in the summer.

Does this guy sleep at night in a place like that.

I couldn't live there myself, it is a lonely scarey place.

Not at all . Loads of company..all dead interesting people... well dead anyhoo.

Only if you believe in the ritual nonsense. ;) Personally I've never found it especially exciting to dance around a graveyard naked in the dark of night with a bunch of strangers.

It's much more fun with friends in my back garden :D

:shocked:

There's something very wrong with that thought mate! Don't you ever worry about getting arrested for indecent exposure? Even if it is dancing around butt naked in your own back yard :lol: