Only two birds can fly backwards.

One is the Humming bird but does anyone know what the other one is?

One is the Humming bird but does anyone know what the other one is?

Katie Price falling off her horse??

Just Googled this answer:

While hummingbirds are probably the champions of backwards flight they are by no means the only birds that can fly in this way. When two herons or egrets fight, periodically one of them caught at a disadvantage in the dispute will flutter backward. Occasionally warblers fluttering at the tip of a branch as they pick off insects will flutter backward when they overshoot some flying insect. It is probable that any bird which uses fluttering flight can move backward when pressed to do so.

Just Googled this answer:

While hummingbirds are probably the champions of backwards flight they are by no means the only birds that can fly in this way. When two herons or egrets fight, periodically one of them caught at a disadvantage in the dispute will flutter backward. Occasionally warblers fluttering at the tip of a branch as they pick off insects will flutter backward when they overshoot some flying insect. It is probable that any bird which uses fluttering flight can move backward when pressed to do so.

What about the Cuckoo?

Hummingbirds are the only ones I know of that will genuinely fly backwards for any distance. Probably, as the above Google post suggests, almost any bird can go backwards for a short distance in flight as an emergency measure, but I don't think any other species does it on a regular basis.

I'm happy to be corrected by anyone who knows more about this than I do.

Katie Price falling off her horse??

Also know as the Great Titted Chavinch. Likes to forrage for worms in urban areas at night.

Hummingbirds are the only ones I know of that will genuinely fly backwards for any distance. Probably, as the above Google post suggests, almost any bird can go backwards for a short distance in flight as an emergency measure, but I don't think any other species does it on a regular basis.

I'm happy to be corrected by anyone who knows more about this than I do.

I have seen a Cuckoo fly backwards.

I have seen a Cuckoo fly backwards.

On its way back into the clock, you mean?

Correctamundo.

Sussed Alex:hihi::hihi:

Have you ever seen an Oomigoolie bird?