Damon's Restaurant, Crystal Peaks

I’m going to Damon’s for my birthday in a few days, and I just wanted some people’s opinions on what it’s like.

I have read some reviews on here, but none are really recent. If anyone has been in the past 6 months, could you tell me whether you liked it or not?

I’m not expecting an up-market restaurant, I know that it’s a family friendly diner. It’s just that I’ve heard that many mixed reviews I want to be certain it’s the place I want to go.

The things we’re interested in are the steaks, ribs and lobster tails. How do these live up?

Thanks for reading!

its always been the same food since it opened, you never been before? i remember when it first opened i used to go all the time but to be honest there are a lot better places to go, if your only going because you get yours for nothing i wouldnt bother even if it was my birthday its worth paying not to be embarassed by the rendition of happy birthday the waiter gives you

I used to go there a lot. To be honest, it's same old same old, although if you haven't been before, it is worth the trip.

I couldn't really recommend one meal over another, the steaks were always good with as many chips as I could eat!

When you arrive, and you park up in their car park, don't let the eminating burning smell put you off... (seriously!)

The free birthday cake you'll get is good for the doggy bag, and possibly good enough to actually give to the dog when you get home....

I’m not expecting an up-market restaurant

Good job, 'cause up-market it aint.

It depend on what you want really - think American dinner with no so cheap meals and cocktails. Not worth the free meal and tiny cake to dine there.

The ribs and onion loaf is ok but there are far better places to eat and be entertained IMO.

A couple of people have said that there are better places to eat than Damon's.

Care to share?

I want to be able to view the menu before I go, so somewhere with a website would be best.

P.S. No, I have never been to Damon's before. Not even heard of it until last week.

I also personally don't think it seems overpriced, unless the prices on their website have changed? I'm not planning on going on my actual birthday, so the free meal, singing waiters, and cake aren't applicable.

i love Damons never had a bad meal always found the staff nice and the food i enjoy,cocktails are good too especially before 7 theyre half price whoo hoo

I don't rate Damon's at all. I had a terrible burger there once - almost inedible. The place feels dated and tacky and is usually crawling with kids and birthday groups. It's not the place to go if you want a special, memorable evening ...or even a decent meal!

I’m going to Damon’s for my birthday in a few days, and I just wanted some people’s opinions on what it’s like.

I want to be able to view the menu before I go, so somewhere with a website would be best.

P.S. No, I have never been to Damon's before. Not even heard of it until last week.

I also personally don't think it seems overpriced, unless the prices on their website have changed? I'm not planning on going on my actual birthday, so the free meal, singing waiters, and cake aren't applicable.

your first post said you were going for your birthday :loopy:

it is overpriced for what you get ie: the quality of the food ribs and onion loaf are ok the rest is garbage

your first post said you were going for your birthday :loopy:

it is overpriced for what you get ie: the quality of the food ribs and onion loaf are ok the rest is garbage

I said "for my birthday" not "on my birthday".

I'm also having a BBQ "for my birthday" which isn't actually "on my birthday"

I always liked Thyme Restaurant on Sandygate - although erring on the expensive side, it always made for an extra special treat of an evening out.

It's been a while since I've been, but I believe it is now called Artisan

32-34 Sandygate Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S10 5RY tel 2666096

HERE

Avoid!!!!!!!!!!!