Mira ppt3 replacement

I have had a Mira PPT3 power shower pump which has given good service for the last 11 years without problems until late. Does any plumber on here know what bar pressure the PPT3 turned out? I have replaced it with a Salamander CT50+ which I think is 1.5 bar but is poor in performance compared to the Mira PPT3. The Mira PPT3 has been replaced with the Mira Endura? which is 1.5 bar. Has anyone any idea's?

Although salamder are a fairly decent pump it won't compare to a mira really. Are also sure you,ve replaced it with the correct head i.e positive or negative ?? and have you turned all the valves back on fully and made sure their re no air locks.

The difference in price between the two should also expalin all you need to know.

Thanks MickeyET. I am going to ring Mira to see if my old pump was a + or a - and what bar pressure it was. The pump was next to the base of the hot water cylinder on the bathroom floor level and had 22mm inlet and outlet pipes. The outlet pipes went up the cylinder cupboard wall, over the ceiling and down to the shower mixer. I have 2x 25 gall tanks in the loft. The previous pump worked fine for 11 years and I have been told this set up requires a positive pump, am I right? This new pump has 15mm inlet and outlet pipes connected to the existing 22mm.

Yes you are right but always check the digrame and if yo've got 22 pipes on a pump with 15mm inlets its just never going to happen, Just search ebay for a cheaper pump a moonsoon one would also do the job.

Thanks Mickey ET, I will let you know how I get on.

Fitted a Salamander 75 (2 bar) as I got a credit on the 55+. Performance is about the same as the Mira although we have to see if I get 11 years service out of it. Thanks for the advice Mickey ET.