Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

Bitter suite and there version of Butter fly ball was brill, also remember New Jersey Turnpike and Tyke.

O haras playboys well Mr O Hara still does the circuit but on his own these days and although he is now a shadow of his former self i try to get to see him in my local now and again.

Paul

Tell Johnny (Kalendar) Coggin that someone remembers him from when he lived around Addy Street. In the 50's and 60's also I think he went to Crookesmoor school.

PLEASE EXCUSE EARLY MORNING YOU KNOW

hi

alan wood who is now a music agent manages paul carrack ( who went to same school as myself ) used to play in band called the trackers with frank white the used to play in the cellar

of the acorn pub on shalesmoor which was vaulted and became known as sheffield`s cavern.

I played drums in Paul Carracks first band at Myers Grove

I remember the Whirlwinds appearing at Darnall working mens club. I used to sell sandwiches downstairs in the darts room and when the Whirlwinds were there all the sandwiches were gone in five minutes.

Freddie and the Dreamers had the same effect.

Few years later I used to go to the "Sicey" to see the live groups and the Bluebell at Hackenthorpe

Mags

Tag (Ian) Waggett doesn't live in Eckington any longer. He now lives in Barlborough with his wife and son. He still gets together with Brian Wood and Keith Riley of "Riley, Riley, Wood and Waggett" (name of album). I used to help Clara (roadie) for Shape of the Rain and have remained in touch with them over the years; Tag was my Best Man and is Godfather to my daughter so the link is still strong.:hihi:

Hello John,(Haslam I presume)

hope you remember me,Westfield youth club, United games, Broadway, Buccaneer, Wapentake, many, many Shape gigs, Crazy Daisy Saturday lunchtimes, Bridge at Ford getting really legless. Saw Tag and Keith at Boardwalk 2 years ago when Keith played his latest stuff - I spoke to Tag and he told me you were a postie. Hope life treats you well. I no longer live at Gleadless - now at Beauchief. Clive Briggs.

Hi Clive,

Nice to hear from you - thanks for your message. Hope you are doing okay (and family if you have one). Spoke to Tag last week; still in good health as am I - the post round keeps me fit!:thumbsup:

Wouldn't it be great to see Shape of the rain play again. As most of the former members keep in touch and still play in private, why not ? If this not at all possible, then why not release some more of the recordrd material from old gigs - ''Baby please don't go '' has got to be a definite cert. Come on Keith you must have a lot of material on tape that can be remastered.

I'm sure there is still a big following of 50 sometings who would be interested.

;)

:) was in the mucky duck around 74-75,a band called nutz was playin & in the audience were noddy holder & don powell [slade]who were apparantly managing them. cant remember if it was the same band but remember the singer singin donna[10cc]apparantly he'd done it as a session man on the 10cc single.there used 2 b a nite club in the basement any 1 remember that.think it was called crazy daisy.

Hi Phil

So sorry to not have replied to your post....million & one excuses all good ones but would love to hear further from you. Can you post me to my private mailbox as I would love to catch up (Used to knock around with you).

What about a band called Shape of the Rain?

cant remember them,the 1 i remember most was called Jade,they used to do the club circuit & were always worth a trip to where ever they were playing.Ime digressing a bit but i always thought the working mens clubs were pretty darn good in the mid to late 70s for the local music scene[comedians too]does it still happen.Ime an expat here in sunny scarborough & as far as w-m-clubs go its eyes down 4 yer next number & some ole gent on the piano.[b4 i get kicked back 2 sheffield, i must add the local scarbro music scene is first rate:- beachfest-murrays & a good few bars]does any 1 remember the fiesta club[used 2 b next to the top rank i think] used to have some big names on there,what happened to it.