Connecting to Virginmedia (Blueyonder) Email on iPhone

You can set it manually too. I'm seeing a friend tomorrow who also has an iPhone - I'll have a look at the settings on hers - she's not a Blueyonder customer, so far as I know, but it might give me a clue.

Apart from this email glitch, the iPhone s great!

im sure you can set it manually, if not, thats just one more reason not to get an iphone,

I have seen some ISPs restrict access to their SMTP servers so that only people connecting from their network can access them.

I have seen some ISPs restrict access to their SMTP servers so that only people connecting from their network can access them.

exactly, thats why im saying not to use blueyonders SMTP but to use smtp.o2.co.uk

I set mine up in under five mins to work with blueyonder.

Did you make sure that you clicked the pop3 tab and not the smtp tab?

hi

A friend set op my iphone ( from T Mobile ) up so that my blueyonder.co.uk emails were pushed through from my virgin webmail to my iphone

He used pop3.blueyonder.co.uk as incoming server and smtp blueyonder.co.uk as outgoing.I think port 110 for the smtp but do not know the port for the pop3-and would not know how to find it !

Anyway everything worked fine until I went to Tenerife then only the odd email came through and I could send none out.On movistar network-only other one was orange but no better.

Had blackberry curve before and it worked and emails worked abroard-wherever

So endless time on phone with t mobile techs –given different smtp’s to try and different port settings

To cap it all phone stopped turning off and has to go back !!

Can anyone tell me the settings that work for them in UK and ABROAD with a blueyonder email ,including port settings and how to set ,if needed,incoming port settings on the iphone ?