Camping around Sheffield with kids

Im looking for somewhere to camp within hour travel to sheffield somewhere nice for kids and cheap can anyone give me any ideas please :)

Have you been to Thrybergh? its just passed Rotherham on the way to Doncaster. There's an adsa near by. the facilities are ok from what I remember, but its been about 4 years.

Good Luck

hi yes got own transport, lookin for somewhere spacious with space for kids to play {no manicured lawns) if u know what i mean, will look at suggestions ta :hihi:

i know what u mean, basically a field where kids can be kids and not worried about damaging the grass.

I've just check out Grouse & Claret Campsite on AA route planner and from city center of shef it takes 37 mins and is only 20 miles.

I would personally recommend this site because:

- It has a great play area for kids,

- depending where everyone pitches their tents there is plenty of space for kids to play, me and niece were able to play Frisbee / football / and tennis with no problem (could be an issue if full)

- there is a river at the bottom of the site and kids can play it in, (its not that deep, but I didn't go all the way in)

- Nice pub on site to eat at / get drinks to take to your tent

- plenty to do near by, village of Bakewell, and Buxton

- plenty of nice walks to do,

We are new to camping and never been as of yet. However we have booked onto a site called Callow Top near Ashbourne. Looks brill for the kids

:hihi:I think its been mentioned above a few times but Callow Top is fantastic for the kids

Thanks to this thread I went to the Grouse and Claret last week-end. The grandkids loved it, didn't want to leave the site!!! We could see them on the playground from our caravan. Staff couldn't have been more helpful, and let us stay late on the Sunday.

We visited Edensor at Chatsworth, went into Matlock, which also has a great playground with a paddling pool, had a walk around the peaks outlet bang next to the site, visited the car boot sale across the road on sunday, and Cauldwell mill and craft center next door.

If we hadn't run out of time we would have visited Riber Castle and gone into Bakewell, and all half an hour from home.

Would highly recommend this site for anyone with kids (or without, for that matter!!!)

There's a brilliant on in Matlock, Birchwood Farm. A play area for kids, tenswell spread out so kids can play, a shop and woodland walks nearby.

x