Worrying about dying :(

im not really sure why i worry,, in my occupation, (nurse ) i see death regularly, , however i dont think its anything to do with it, :(:(

Does anyone else worry about dying ,or is it only me ? im not ill or anything, im not over the hill, i have a good job, but i am in a dodgy relationship,, Sometimes i lay awake at night worrying about dying, :(:mad::mad::mad:

Hi, Laying awake at night worrying about anything...including dying, is bad in itself, it kind of becomes a viscious circle, so every worry can become exagerated! If you sleep better, every aspect of your life will improve overnight...(excuse the pun! :) and you will think less of dying. talk about it with someone, maybe, and try to sleep better. The dodgy relationship is not helping you though! Hope it helps you! Sleep well! :)

Get hammered and forget it. That's what I do.

Worrying about dying to a certain extent is normal. However I guess it's slight abnormal if you are sitting there day to day worrying about it and if it's affecting your daily life, or others around you... then that becomes a problem. I think it's important not to focus on the wrong thing and focus and the right things, i.e., how fit and healthy I am, or will be (depending on your situation) If I am being completely honest... It sounds more like depression and anxiety although it's not a diagnosis... obviously! it just my opinion and everyones different! There are ways to alleviate things like that.

@ nyle,, thank you , :):)

Girlyblonde.....Thanks for the Thanks!!! :)

Yes I do, sometimes. It's got worse since. Visited the local cemetery and saw most people's ages were in their early 60's and I'm 51 this year.

When i was a child i would worry about dying all the time. I would lay there in bed in tears, petrified knowing that one day i am going to die and there is nothing anyone is going to do about it.

Since my partner died at the age of 34 earlier this year i have been thinking about mortality more and more. I often wonder if i am a hypochondriac. I've only visited the doctor 3 times in the last 10 years so i guess i'm not.

This doesn't stop me constantly thinking about dying though. It might sound freaky or messed up to most people but i have often thought that it would be far easier to just end it now, rather than wait for the inevitable. This thought is nothing to do with Kerry dying. It is a thought i have had since i can first remember.

@girlyblond... I don't think there is anything wrong with you at all. Maybe it is just the way some of us think. I've thought much the same as you over the years and i'm still here. If you ever want to sound off at someone just let me know :)

Edited by 0742Sheff

When we die we rot if buried, or are turned to dust if we are cremated, we do not really cease to exist, we return to the base material we came from. Whether our spirit, our unique oneness goes on is a matter for religion or advanced scientific discovery.

The point is that we are part of the earth, We are dead but we are still here.

Personally I try not to worry about things that I can't do anything about.

Since I'm in the medical research field I can't do anything about dying eventually, so there's no point in worrying about it.

There are plenty of things I can do something about though, so I choose to focus my efforts on those and to enjoy life.