Address scam going on in Sheffield area.

Hi all, Just had the following emailed to me to pass on to you lot

'Hi All

I’m writing to let you know about a potential crime that happened to me personally this morning.

We heard the parcel delivery postman pull up outside the house first thing this morning, so we ran downstairs to meet him. Instead of coming to the door, he was intercepted by a black guy standing at our gate: they were talking and then the guy signed for the delivery. I said ‘hang on a minute, what’s going on?’ The guy said the delivery was for him, and the name on the delivery was ‘John MacDonald’. I asked what the address was, and the postman confirmed it was our address. I confirmed that there was no-one of that name living at our address. The guy said he lived round here, and I confirmed to the postman that I knew all our neighbours, and this guy wasn’t one of them. The postman took the parcel off him and the guy walked off.

I’ve spoken to our local sorting office who confirmed that there is a mobile phone scam going on in the area. The mobile gets ordered to your home address and the delivery is intercepted and signed for. The bills then come in for a mobile you know nothing about. I have spoken to South Yorkshire police to get the incident logged and they have said they will be following it up.

Please be vigilant and let all your friends and neighbours aware so that they don’t get caught out.'

So be carefull chaps and I hope this is usefull:)

So let me get this straight. Your local sorting office knows of this scam and has never thought of telling the post men to only deliver the parcel to somebody INSIDE the house?

As far as I was aware, they don't just give mail to anybody stading on the street anyway.

Sounds like a hoax email to me. Don't be duped.

mojo1..

Thanks for your concern luvvy, but this has been doing the rounds for a couple of years now..

It is infact a hoax and I've lost count of how many times I've received it in my mail box..

It's just another one of those stupid change letter things that relys on folks just passing it on and on and on..

i am confused!!!!!

are you saying the above didnt happen???

i am confused!!!!!

are you saying the above didnt happen???

Read my post above.. :thumbsup:

No it didn't happen.

what was and is the point of posting something like that??!!!!

pointless to me as they aint gaining anything from it

It's to see how far they can take it. Will it come back to them from somebody else? It's extremely sad but some people actually don't have anything better to do.

===DELETE THREAD===

Not a hoax apparently. It Did Actually happen to a colleague of my Bf this morning, make of it what you will.

If anyone receives an EM warning of anything, they should do what I do:

check it out on the Hoax Slayer website....

Hoax Slayer search page

My brother's an IT Supervisor responsible for the company network system, and uses this site regularly. It saves cluttering up your mates' Inboxes and feeling a bit of a dilly when it comes to light it's all bullfrogs.

For what it's worth, I've had a look on Hoax Slayer, and I can't find it listed.

Criminals do actually work in ways like this, and if it is true, then the Postie was right to take the parcel back, but shouldn't attempt to deliver anything to someone outside the house....basic security.