Made to measure - or big pre-made curtains

I have some big windows cover and a small budget. Anyone know where I can get large pre-made curtains, over 2x2m, or low-cost made to measure ones in Sheffield?

Thanks. :)

Try Dunelm. They're pretty reasonable priced to start with, but often have a clearance or special offer section with bargains.

There's a place in the small shopping mall by Dobbies Garden world at Barlborough which does some really good end of line curtains (up to 227 cm if I remember rightly from when we were there last week).

I got all my curtains from Dunelm, they're fine and weren't too much money either. They do pre-made as well as made-to-measure so you'd probably find something :)

Edited by vwkittie

TJ Hughes, ours are massive, £20, 90" X 90"

Another for Dunelm.

We got some lined ones for our front door - 8 foot drop, about 6 foot width each - something like £35 for the pair.

Website link http://www.dunelm-mill.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MCategory3_11100_26-14538_-1_1_10551

The Sheffield store is near Halfords - Queens Road end of town. There's also a store just over the motorway - about half a mile from junction 33.

G

We just got ours from dunelm mill in hillsborough, nice design and good value

Textiled Direct towards the bottom of the moor have 90x90" (229cm) curtains from £16 a pair :)

I'm a little out-of-date with ready made sizes, but 229cm x 229cm (90" x 90") used to be a standard ready-made size. Make sure you budget for linings- on windows that size you will lose a lot of heat through them if you don't.

Thanks very much for all the replies.

I did take a look at the Dunelm website but they estimated £200 for the 2x2m window, which seemed expensive. I might have picked a costly fabric in the quote though.

I didn't know Dunelm have a shop off Queen's Road so I'll pop down there and take a look in store; see if there's any bargains to be had.

Thanks all. :)

I bought 2 pairs 60cm wide from Century mills and stitched them together my windows are 12 foot wide.They worked out cheaper than making my own.

The following website is good for curtains- they supply both made to measure and readymade, and can alter any readymade to fit any window :) - they've just supplied curtains for a tv show that did up a house in my street and my wife is looking for some new ones from them atm

http://www.itv.com/lifestyle/60minutemakeover/series7suppliers200910/runcorncheshire/