Filipino cuisine Sheffield?

Random one - but are there any Filipino restaurants in Sheffield?

I heard a show on the radio about this. Apparently there isnt really such a thing. Apart from boiled duck foetus which is the most popular street food. they dont even have filipino restaurants in the phillipines

One place where there are LOADS of Philippinese (Correct grammar) restaurants is Paris, where there is the biggest Philippinese community outside the Philippines. In many other French cities there will be at least one 'Bistro Philippinois'; I remember on a trip by coach to France we passed through a small town, Douai, no larger than Wombwell, and there was at least one Philippine/Chinese cuisine place there. Worth thinking about if going for a romantic break to Paris or elsewhere in France, if you fancy a change on the odd occasion from the mainstream traditional French cuisine.

Having been to the Philippines, it's not exactly a gastronome's paradise, so I'd be interested to see what a themed restaurant would serve.

The duck embryo thingy and chicken broiled in a vinegary gravy are the two local dishes I remember. The latter was tasty enough, but I didn't have the stomach for the former....

One place where there are LOADS of Philippinese (Correct grammar) restaurants is Paris, where there is the biggest Philippinese community outside the Philippines. In many other French cities there will be at least one 'Bistro Philippinois'; I remember on a trip by coach to France we passed through a small town, Douai, no larger than Wombwell, and there was at least one Philippine/Chinese cuisine place there. Worth thinking about if going for a romantic break to Paris or elsewhere in France, if you fancy a change on the odd occasion from the mainstream traditional French cuisine.

from somebody who lives in the Philippines half the year, this comes over as a rather bizarre post. For a start, people from the Philippines are not called, by anybody as far as I know, and certainly not by themselves, 'Philippinese', but Filipino, though sometimes Filipino women are called Filipinas. And then there are the well known informal expressions for Filipinos 'pinoy' and 'pinay' for men and women respectively.

and France does not even have the largest number of Filipinos in Europe never mind the world. The UK has easily the highest numer of Filipinos in Europe, estimated at around 200,000 and Italy is next, the only one with over 100,000. France has a relatively high number of Vietnamese, Lao and Cambodians as these were all French colonies, but not Filipinos. Why would somewhere be called a 'Bistro Philippinois'. The Philippines is a former Spanish colony not a French one. Almost everybody has Spanish names, and nearly all the place names are also Spanish. There are probably more Valencias in the Philippines than there are in Spain and Mexico combined.

as for Filipino restaurants outside the Philippines, well I have been to every continent in the world except South America and I have never seen one. Not even in any of the neighbouring countries to the Philippines like Malaysia where there are over a million Filipinos residing (although Malay and Filipino food is rather similar anyway). But I am sure there must be some Filipino restaurants in the world's mega cities like London and New York. And also in Los Angeles where the highest number of the US Filipinos reside.

Filipino food is not anything to write home about, but it gets a very bad press that it doesn't really deserve, it suffers because it is surrounded by countries which boast some of the world's better cuisines (i.e. Chinese, Vietnamese/Thai, Japanese). There are other Asian cuisines that have a low profile too, like Indonesian and Burmese.