Sign in to follow this  

Fake bird noises - tescos on langset road

u know behind tescos where they keep the stock, there lays mogues from the old hospital.

Urgh, cheep puns guys :P

The speakers aren't put there by tesco. They were put there by an evil bird seed company that want to brain wash us into buying mass amounts of seed to feed the birds in the garden, who in turn will get fatter and fatter until they take over the World!!!!!..........................Well thats what i think anyway :heyhey:

Originally posted by littleboo

They also pump out smells around the supermarket to make you buy more... ie Bread, washing powder, fresh coffee, roast chickens.......... you didn't seriously think that bread was baking all day every day did you!!

I feel cheated!! I love the bread smell and yes wen I smell it I buy more bread!!

maybe you just cant see the birds?

Originally posted by mattyuk1

u know behind tescos where they keep the stock, there lays mogues from the old hospital.

You been drinking again?

Mogues?

Probably played to keep other birds away as bird poop corrodes car paint and they probably don't want people sueing them for it. There are actually a lot of real birds round there, if you get the tram you can hear real ones singing as you walk over.

oh yes, i did mean infirmary road sorry.

some interesting suggestions there but i think i'll go with littleboo's explanation!

maxwell - its definately a recording of birdsong on a loop every few minutes.

project - i loaded my groceries and then walked around the car park a bit to see if i could see any birds - it should have been fairly easy to spot them with no leaves on the trees!

I saw something on TV a while ago about Canary Warf. They play recorded bird sounds at the top to encourage an endangered species of bird (I can't remember which...) to nest there. They've got boxes prepared for them. Might be something similar? I hope so!

I was in one of the "Big Box' stores here- Home Depot- and heard this very unusual bird whistle, as I was near the customer service desk I asked if they knew what it was, the answer " It is not a bird it is the electronic signal on the door that leads outside to the garden centre, we then know someone is out there".

The door leads out to an uncovered area so birds do fly in, the customer service lady said that they have loads of people every day asking about "The Bird".

Perhaps the bird you hear is the electronic signal on a door leading to a 'Staff only' area.

Cynthia, Ontario, Canada.