Sheffield City Council Parking Meters

Why don't they give change? I paid £1.40 for a parking place that cost £1.30. I didn't have the correct change so lost 10p. Do you think if I write to them they'll send me a cheque for 10p? I want my money back, I'm tired of loosing 10p here and 5p there to these landowners.

Am I wrong to get annoyed about it or do you think this could become part of a wider Sheffield Forum campaign?

I'm writing out a letter today and will be ringing a helpline about it tomorrow.

NM

Why don't they give change? I paid £1.40 for a parking place that cost £1.30. I didn't have the correct change so lost 10p. Do you think if I write to them they'll send me a cheque for 10p? I want my money back, I'm tired of loosing 10p here and 5p there to these landowners.

Am I wrong to get annoyed about it or do you think this could become part of a wider Sheffield Forum campaign?

I'm writing out a letter today and will be ringing a helpline about it tomorrow.

NM

No, the prices are indications. You bought £1.40 worth of parking time.

The price is £1.30. :confused:

I'm sure if Nicholarse had had the correct change he would have only put £1.30 in. Vending machines give change so why don't parking meters? :suspect:

I am pretty sure that you are right. :P LOL

The price is £1.30. :confused:

I'm sure if Nicholarse had had the correct change he would have only put £1.30 in. Vending machines give change so why don't parking meters? :suspect:

Nope it costs x for 1 hour 2x for two hours etc.

If you put in 1.5x you get 1.5 hours parking time.

Since when? If they say £1.30 for 1 hour, £2.40 2 hours etc, you dont get extra time for paying 10p more. You pay £2.30 you get 1 hour. I've paid extra before as i had no change and never had more time on the ticket than the set 1 hour, 2 hours etc.

Since when? If they say £1.30 for 1 hour, £2.40 2 hours etc, you dont get extra time for paying 10p more. You pay £2.30 you get 1 hour.

Since they realised it was a good way of getting money out of us!!

Trust me.

I think that there are different ticket machines around and I believe that the car-parks differ from the On-Street Parking Machines.

I know that the Car-Parks do give pro-rata parking time (over the hourly intervals) to use up the amount of money that you pay.

It is possible that the On-Street machines do not.

That's the way the cookie crumbles!

You should thank your lucky stars that you don't live in a city with "No-change" buses.

By the way ... Do we actually have any "Parking Meters" in Sheffield?

I didn't notice an indication on the pricing list that I'd gain by putting in an extra 10p.

I've got the ticket in my car, I'll go and double check.

Good job we've got "liencam" to give us the facts. I was preparing to kick off a bit.

NM

FACT.

Liencam WINS.

:D

Rather than getting an hour I've got an hour and four minutes.

I only wanted an hour though.

Do you think they'll offer me a refund still? I didn't use my extra four minutes and feel a bit cheated that they didn't give me the option to have less.

NM