Sick Note Help

Hey guys,

I was hoping one of you would be able to help me as the benefit Delivery Centre don't seem to be answering their phone today (I'm guessing they're short-staffed with the snow).

As I'm not a Bombay Telecom customer, the 0845 numbers aren't free so can't afford to be on hold for 20mins, especially as I'm still waiting for SSP from the begining of Jan.

Anyway, I'm off work with a broken foot (my employer doesn't do sick pay, hence why I'm having to go through the benefits)

I've had my sicknote extended by a further 2 weeks, but don't know where to send it.

The benefits people sent me a return envelope when i put the claim in, which i used for the first sicknote. However, being a numpty, i forgot to make a note of the address.

Does anybody know where i should send it?:help:

Sorry can't help - it might depend on where you are, different offices, etc

Sheffield BDC

Jobcentre Plus

Brightside Lane

Sheffield

S99 1AP

This is where i sent mine to in January, when i had an operation. Presume it will be same place now still.

ssp should be sent to your payroll, as this is where it would be processed as it would be paid with your wages

if its def ssp it will need to go to hr/payroll and then your work will claim the ssp back. Try calling your work and speak with HR.

Thanks, I originally sent it to my employer, but got it back a week later with a form to send to jobcentreplus as i hadn't worked enough hours or something.

Have ended up sending it to the adress mentioned above:thumbsup:

Thanks, I originally sent it to my employer, but got it back a week later with a form to send to jobcentreplus as i hadn't worked enough hours or something.

Have ended up sending it to the adress mentioned above:thumbsup:

was it an ssp1 form if so u'll probably be expected to claim employment and support allowence (new incapacity ben) and the address is usally the one given in above post. If its ESA then you will get £60.50 a wk rather than the £75 ssp. Its usually processed really quickly though i know someone who's was processed in a few days just after xmas.

Have you actually made the initial claim for ESA (Have to phone the benefit claim line and call usually takes 45 mins) if not i wouldn't expect them to be able to process it as they need lots of info about ur marital status, kids etc and also to make sure you have paid enough NI in the past as all these can effect the benefit. :)

Edited by jenz245
more info

ssp should be sent to your payroll, as this is where it would be processed as it would be paid with your wages

not necessarily

as far as I'm aware, employers have three choices in regard to sick pay

1) pay bare SSP for a period which should be specified in your contract or in your employers procedures/handbook

2) pay something in excess of SSP for a period and again this should be specified in your contract or procedures/handbook

3) pay nothing, however, in that case they should provide you with a form to enable you to claim the necessary benefits from the DWP.

If your employer does 1 or 2 for a period then at the end of the period of your still sick then they should send you a form to enable you to claim from the DWP.

If you are being paid benefits by the DWP then I imagine you should be sending your sick note to the DWP.

was it an ssp1 form if so u'll probably be expected to claim employment and support allowence (new incapacity ben) and the address is usally the one given in above post. If its ESA then you will get £60.50 a wk rather than the £75 ssp. Its usually processed really quickly though i know someone who's was processed in a few days just after xmas.

Have you actually made the initial claim for ESA (Have to phone the benefit claim line and call usually takes 45 mins) if not i wouldn't expect them to be able to process it as they need lots of info about ur marital status, kids etc and also to make sure you have paid enough NI in the past as all these can effect the benefit. :)

Yes, i believe it was a ssp1 form.

I made the initial claim for ESA complete with phone interview, then checked the paperwork when it arrived a few days later. (just aswell really as the person doing my phone interview had put the wrong info for half the questions)

Managed to get through to ESA on Fri where they claimed they had only just received my forms. (i sent them recorded delivery about 3+ weeks ago)

Chances are i'll be back at work before i get my ESA through.

Thanks for all your help peeps:thumbsup:

Sheffield BDC

Jobcentre Plus

Brightside Lane

Sheffield

S99 1AP

This is where i sent mine to in January, when i had an operation. Presume it will be same place now still.

dont suppose anyone know the phone number for this place

thanks

dont suppose anyone know the phone number for this place

thanks

this is just an office within the Royal Mail building, that processes all DWP mail. It then gets delivered to the various DWP office's, so no phone number soz.