Temporary Dog Rehoming Organisations?

I have a friend moving into temporary housing after presenting as homeless at Sheffield Council but the new accommodation provider will not accept pets of any type and to keep the dog would be a breach of her tenancy agreement.

Dogs Trust will rehome a dog for someone in temporary housing providing they are fleeing domestic violence but my friend does not meet the criteria.

Does anyone know of organisations who will rehome dogs on a temporary basis aside from Dogs Trust? :help:

Could your friend afford to put the dog into boarding kennels until she finds somewhere suitable, or maybe pay someone to look after the dog?

Could she maybe find a foster home for her dog til she can be in a place that allows pets?

Could your friend afford to put the dog into boarding kennels until she finds somewhere suitable, or maybe pay someone to look after the dog?

She is in receipt of benefits so cannot afford the cost of kennels :(

Could she maybe find a foster home for her dog til she can be in a place that allows pets?

are there any foster home websites you can direct me to? it would be for around 4-6 months

There are a lot of people that foster through the forum - I suppose it would depend how your friend felt about having allmost an unknown person fostering thier dog. If that was something they would consider then a few more details on here about the dog would allow people to decide wether or not they would be able to foster. i would expect anyone that did offer forstering would want some assurance of help with food costs and vetenary treatment...... there are lots of people on here who would be happy to help out where they can though I am sure.

I really hope your friend can sort something so that they can keep thier dog long term

Good luck x

sorted now ... thank you all soooo much for your help :)

Hi did you get the dog fostered? I am in a similar need of temp fostering?

Hi there. I am having the same problem. I don't want to get rid of my 2 dogs as they are my world, but due to divorce, I am having to sell my home and move in with a friend temporarily, but they are not allowed any pets. I need to find someone who will foster my dogs until I get a house with Sheffield City Council. I am already on the list and just waiting for allocation. They are small dogs, very affectionate and loving, and would like to find someone who could just look after them for a short period of time. Obviously I would pay for their food and would be prepared to walk them everyday. I am in the Sheffield area and would appreciate any advice or help.

Many thanks

Possibly the RSPCA offer this help via their fosterers (I am not certain just saying may be worth a try - give them a call!)

Hi there, thanks, I have tried the RSPCA, the dogs trust, PDSA and Thornberry's, unfortunately I had no joy with any of them.

Not sure the forum rules but maybe put on here what breeds they are a bit about them what you are looking for etc and see if anyone can help you