Mulberry Tavern

Used to meet there on a Saturday night in the late 60's, early 70's - parked our scooters in the street at the rear - we even changed Sconny's Lambretta's clutch in the snug :)

One of my favorite haunts in the 70s, ahem, there were some very very good looking ladies used to frequent The Mulberry, hence my attendance:hihi:

I cant remember the landlords name a big barrel chested guy always laughing, and of course he had Bomber Graham pulling pints.

After The Buccaneer and The Albert the Mulberry has to be one of the best pubs Sheffield ever had.

Presumably we are talking about the one demolished in 1981? The later one, now the Affinity bar, was on the circuit that included the Claymore. Town ain't the same any more these days.

Just found this, the Mulberry is being taken over by a good friends, it is reopening on the 15th of Feb with local beer an option and a buffet, great local pub back for the local people, they will make all very welcome.

Hi yes we open on the 15th Feb. Traditional ales, pool table, dart board and juke box.. downstairs will be open in a few weeks and will have live bands/comedy club!

Hi yes we open on the 15th Feb. Traditional ales, pool table, dart board and juke box.. downstairs will be open in a few weeks and will have live bands/comedy club!

Ooooo what beers will you have one? Sounds good.

Hi Grappler, We havent finalised our cask ales yet, but local breweries definately..

We used to go in the Mulberry when we went to Down Broadway on the High Street (which was for under 18s). I remember the police raiding it regularly and one cheeky chappie, on being asked if he was 18 he replied "no, I`m not" (he was actually 19)!! He got a stern talking to!

lol no police raids this time! and strictly over 18s lol ! Great to hear all the stories about the place Tasha!!

The Mulberry opened on the site of the old pub on November the 6th 1976. The first licensee was Mick Lee.

Marti Caine opened the place. Herol Bomber Graham was the barman, Steve Cheetham was assistant manager, Chuck Charlesworth was a barman (later at Golden ball Campo Lane Blue Ball Hillsborough and for many years Three Cranes.

Mick Lee stayed there for about 5 years, during that time it was one of, if not the, best pub in town. No bouncers, lovely bar staff (Big Angie where are you?)

Mick was a smashing bloke, when we were on strike in the late 80s he always stood us a pint. When Blunkett and co flew the red flag on top of the Town hall, he made sure the pub was decked out in union jacks.

I hope the new owners make a real good go of it.

Some of the earlier posts mention Police raids, There were none when Mick was there, if there was any trouble all you needed was an ambulance. To cart away the trouble causers.