2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Hi I'm not sure if I'm placing this in the right place but I'm wanting an electrician to have a look at my cooker when using the oven it trips when heating up. We have only lived here for just 6 months and the cooker was in the house when we moved in so we don't want to spend a lot. Any recommendations or cheap call out fees just to look at it to see if it's worth repairing . Thanks

Hi I'm not sure if I'm placing this in the right place but I'm wanting an electrician to have a look at my cooker when using the oven it trips when heating up. We have only lived here for just 6 months and the cooker was in the house when we moved in so we don't want to spend a lot. Any recommendations or cheap call out fees just to look at it to see if it's worth repairing . Thanks

Try Sparky Sam he's on here I used to have his number but can't find it now

Based on recommendations on the forum, Jeff Smith (joiner) just boxed in our pipes from our new boiler. He was friendly and honest, and gave us different options for the job. We were really happy with the high standard of work and reasonable cost. We'll definitely be using him for other joinery work, he offers a really wide range of services. Thanks Jeff (and for putting up with our crazy dogs!)

Have recently got Lee at JNM Roofing to help with garden wall rebuilding /repointing. Absolutely good work and efficient at a reasonable price. They also cleaned up nicely after their work. Thanks, Lee.

My neighbour has already asked me for his number to get a quote. I would have no hesitation to recommend them.

I am happy to recommend Jeff Smith, who has done another excellent job for me, altering the floor level in my dining room. He's a very tidy, efficient person and is good at communicating about the job and his time

Jeff smith Joiner 07861379796 or 01142203563 full refurbs/ loft conversions/ Doors/floors/ balustrades/ kitchens/ windows/ restoration to wooden windows/plastic windows all general joinery .free quotes given

Would strongly recommended Martin Halifax, self-employed builder, managed and renovated my old house to an excellent standard. Does work for one of the most reputable and long-standing renovators in Sheffield, Whitecliffes who’d I’d also recommend. Highly recommended – Contact me if you need a reference.

Edited by honk
Mobile pone

Flat roof repair over a porch and bay window.

Very happy to recommend Lee Spencer of JNM Roofing who turned up promptly to discuss and quote for recovering in Firestone rubber,and completed what was required within a week of quoting.

They are based in Barnsley and seem to cover Rotherham,Doncaster etc rather than just the Sheffield area.

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to remove a sky dish and all the cables connected to it. We are in Gleadless S12.

Any recommendations please?

Outstanding, Stairs, Landing and Hallway walls painted and woodwork/doors glossed, all walls had a minimum of 2 coats, and all woodwork had 2 coats of primer and a coat of gloss. the walls and woodwork started off as a council bodge job, however Michael made them look like a new build with a fantastic finish, Michael was always prompt and polite, and we will be arranging a booking for other rooms to be madeover, Cheers

M, Mitchell Painters & Decorators 0114 2454383

http://mmitchelldecorators.co.uk/

---------- Post added 25-02-2017 at 15:16 ----------

Fantastic job changing over a couple of old internal light fittings to LED, Brilliant price, nice friendly and polite, so good we have booked Bradley to replace and upgrade all our external lighting to LED, Cheers.

BP Electrical Services, 07845421248

https://www.facebook.com/bpelectrics/?fref=ts

Edited by hotrock

Can anyone recommend anyone who can repair an integrated fridge freezer in a Sheffield city centre apartment. I've looked at previous threads but there is nothing recent , only rather old posts.

Thanks

Jeff the joiner has done a great job once again for us we have also used him in the past and because of his quality of work we have used him again. He is very reliable honest and a perfectionist at any job he does, we would highly recommend him, all we can say is if you want the best at very reasonable rates this is the guy for the job..

Craig

Jeffs contact number if you need him 07861379796

http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(joinery-solutions)_594351.htm

Hi,

I'm looking for a joiner to hang two doors in S6 area & need some recommendations.... i have tried several from google & local adverts but no-one seems interested in small jobs - seems our local trades people are too busy with big jobs!

I have been told by two joiners that hanging two doors is a small job so not worth bothering

:sad: