F Parramore & Sons Ltd Smith Street, Sheffield

Hi

I am trying to find as much information as possible about a company called

F Parramore & Sons, I think it was formed in 1924 at Smith Street,

Sheffield S35 1WQ.

If anyone has any information on this regarding family, F Parramore and his sons it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Maggie

Paramores was in Chapeltown, near the centre. They made hand tools. I think they closed around 15 years ago but not sure.

Paramores was in Chapeltown, near the centre. They made hand tools. I think they closed around 15 years ago but not sure.

Do you know where I can find any information on the company and who

F Parramore and his sons were?

My grandma was a Paramore but can't seem to find any info on the name...mind you I haven't tried for a while..I do know that there is/was a Paramore factory just off Scotland Street in Sheffield.

Courtesy of Sheffield Indexers:

Paramore, F. & Sons (, Ironfounders & rain goods manuftrs.).

Residing at Greenside Chapeltown, in 1905.

Recorded in: Whites Directory of Sheffield & Rotherham.

Thanks to all your posts, I am lookinf for who the F Paramore was and the sons, They started a works league football club up which progressed up the ladder and this is the information I am trying to find, so if anyone can help with any information it would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you

parramores closed the cast iron foundry in 1981,the tool division carried on in scotland street sheffield,mr graham parramore was in charge at the time it closed with his son alex,mr w priddam ( graham parramores son in law) took over the tool division.the football team was run by the sports and social club.

hi did the football team play football in the sports and athletic saturdays?:)

yes i think they did they played on the football pitch at the back of the british legion in chapeltown.

parramores made rain water gutters & pipes,general engineering castings,vices & clampes.in the war they made shell cases.my father maurice taylor was the works manager up to them closing in 1981.graham parramore lived in oughtabridge,another part of the parramore family lived on the corner of main street grenoside.