A good product to stop cats scratching wallpaper

First of all spray them with, spray flea stuff. Then give the are a spray with the same stuff. They will then associate the smell of the spray with the experiance of being flea sprayed, which they hate.

I like That one, it's very devious..lol They absolutely hate being flea'd and will definitely avoid at all cost's.....hopefully:hihi:

oh well - you'll just have to have them de-clawed then Poddington :shakes:

noooooo, i cant it just seems way to cruel. :confused:

the flea spray thing sounds very promising but i havent flea sprayed a cat for years cos last one i did it to started foaming at the mouth i thought id poisend him. i use the drops now. but i am going to give this ago

ill let you know how i get on :thumbsup:

Actually - declawing seems to be an american cure for the problem - I don't think it's easy to find a vet that'd do that here ;)

tut, it like chopping a kids fingers off for pickin its nose and wiping it on the furniture :suspect:

im off at the weekend to get some flea spray to see how that works :thumbsup:

I know :(

I've just deleted all the offers for dog transport for this weekend so you'd be able to get me now... if you weren't offline :?

im off at the weekend to get some flea spray to see how that works :thumbsup:

Just make sure you only spray the cats once - you don't want to overdose them with the sort of chemicals that go into that stuff. Also, it's quite likely that the spray will take the paint off the wall.

From experience, the only way you can stop cats scratching something is to a) block off access to the thing in question and / or b) provide them with something more interesting. Unfortunately stairs are prime targets as cats like angled bits of wall and carpet. When we moved house (about 18 months ago) I got a couple of scratching panels from Pets at Home and screwed them to the wall at cat stretch height in inconspicuous places - the moggies have steered pretty clear of the 'old favourites' since.

I bought a spray from pets at home called "pet behaving spray" by CANAC it was only a few pound and I spray it on the arms of my leather setee as Ruby's made a right mess using them as a scratch post!

I bought her loads of scratch posts, provided her with carpet wrapped round wood and she just ignored them and carried on using the sofa!

That spray does work provided you remember to use it every few days but I will warn you for the first 10mins after you've sprayed it the whole room smells absolutely foul!

thankyou jellybellybean that is the kind of thing i was looking for, iv had to ban my cats from the room as we got new leather soffees and as soon as they came one of the cats attacked them :o

ill try some of this before i try the flea spray thing :thumbsup:

Hi I have recently moved house and 2 months in they have attacked the wallpaper in the dinning room then the new sofa the vet recommended Feliway natural spray, it also works with spraying and stress it worked after it got to room temp and does not smell like the one from the pet shop, but it is around £20 for 60 ml bottle their is a smaller bottle to around £13 hope this helps:).

oh well - you'll just have to have them de-clawed then Poddington :shakes:

I know sarcasm doesn't travel well on the internet so PLEASE reassure me this is a joke :cry:

De-clawing a cat is cruel and selfish. If someone's furniture is that bloody precious they shouldn't have a cat!

Personally I've just accepted that my sofas need a regular 'hair cut' to remove the plucks and that my stairs carpet needs to be pushed back into place three times a day.

Oh and I painted my walls. Wish I'd used washable paint everywhere though...

I know sarcasm doesn't travel well on the internet so PLEASE reassure me this is a joke :cry:
The other thing that doesn't 'travel well' is half read conversations ;)

Poddington knows full well such suggestions from me aren't serious :thumbsup: