HDMI to LG TV 'No Signal' Problem

Hi folks,

basically I normally watch TV via my laptop in my livingroom using the HDMI cable inputs. I decided this evening to do the same thing in my bedroom. I have a small LG flat screen TV. I selected HDMI input on the TV and plugged it into my laptop as usual..it just says 'No signal'. Tried a few settings on the laptop...it's not budging.

Any ideas?

Thanks again techys

Sissy

What version of Windows are you using?

You don't say what size screen your small LG tv is.

It probably does not support the output of the computer

( you don't say what that is either )

on the following link see page 30 of the LG manual

the L H table indicates a 19" and 22" panels support

1 or 2 screen resolutions

http://www.superfi.co.uk/extras/LG/LG_32LG3000_manual.pdf

Does the laptop detect that it has a second screen?

Hi again,

I'm using Windows 7. Yes the second screen is detected, when I plug it into the back of the TV it makes a little aknowledging noise. The Laptop screen is 16" and the TV is 20" (I think), if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Sissy

basically I normally watch TV via my laptop in my livingroom using the HDMI cable inputs
Is your laptop plugged into a 'big TV' in the living room and into the 'smaller TV' in the bedroom?

The issue (highlighted by Mikes10) is resolution (not actual screen size in inches ;)): is your laptop resolution set to full HD (1920x1080) and/or outputs that resolution to the 'bigger TV' (which usually supports it, at least in 1080i) over HDMI?

It may be that your smaller TV does not support that resolution (up to 22" screens usually can't do full HD/1080) and you need to adjust the resolution on the laptop down to something smaller (e.g. 1280x720 if your smaller LG is widescreen).

Tried a few settings on the laptop...it's not budging.
Which settings did you try? Edited by L00b