The "I am currently reading" thread

an auther i just came accross called pc cast goddess by mistake is great funny and fab i couldnt put it down best way to discribe it is its tolkien for chicks awsome

The Troubled Man by Henning Mankell.

I thought it was about time I tried one of the Wallander novels and so far so good.

Just finished the Fifty shades trilogy.

Wasn't expecting that much 'action' as the first book was top of kindle downloads list but it seems it's not only me that likes the kink:D

Apart from the exaggerated prowess of Christian the books were a nice, middle ground, read.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Previously recommended. Its good.

I'm reading 'Don Quixote' by Cervantes. It's incredibly funny and entertaining but, being over 500 years old, it's (obviously) not very "pc"

I'm reading 'Don Quixote' by Cervantes. It's incredibly funny and entertaining but, being over 500 years old, it's (obviously) not very "pc"

Pedantry point: it's also not more than 500 years old since Cervantes was born in 1547 and died in 1616. Unless you've come from the future Terminator-style to post this.

The Lucky One - John Sparks

I'll give it a 8/10 - its not on a par with Dear John but a good read non the less.

I acquired 'Sheffield - a Pocket Miscellany' by Jonathen Skews. Only 128 pages but contains interesting facts about Sheffield. Like Sandygate's football ground being the oldest football ground in the world, and that, in 1966, Abbeydale was the home of the Argentinian and Swiss teams during the World Cup.

The Dead of Summer by Mari Jungstedt - more Nordic crime drama.

Currently reading 'Life' the Keith Richards autobiography. A good account of how a working class lad became one of the most successful musicians of his era. Interesting to read about life and music culture in the USA 1960s.

The Monster in the Box, Ruth Rendell's latest Wexford novel.

The Monster in the Box, Ruth Rendell's latest Wexford novel.

Her latest Wexford is 'The Vault' released last year:) Excellent and well worth the read, it's a kind of sequel to her 1998 standalone novel 'A sight for sore eyes'; which is brilliant. I bought both novels together as a set in Tesco's last week for £3.96 total bargain:D