F1 2017 Megathread

Stroll did a nice 360 yesterday!

Looks like Lewis could have even more competition in the team this year than he did last. Good win for Bottas and quite an exciting chase down by Vettel at the end of the race.

Decent win for Lewis, I think Mercedes had the overall race pace today.

Interesting to see much more leniency by the stewards.

Decent win for Lewis, I think Mercedes had the overall race pace today.

Interesting to see much more leniency by the stewards.

I've just finished watching the highlights (I managed to avoid the results, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. If I see results the race isn't the same... same with footy)

Really good race. That's stoked up a bit more interest in me. I generally expect Barca to be a crap race, I don't like the circuit.

This is a bit more like it, with a bit more competition, and I agree with you about the leniency. The only downside was losing kimi and Max early on.

No gripes from me either, quite enjoyable.

Loved what Ferrari and F1 did for that little lad who cried when Kimi crashed.

Typical Monaco race, no overtaking and you just sit waiting for someone to crash.

Just watching the indy500 live and Alonso is winning but the race has been red flagged after a massive accident between scott dixon and brit jay howard,both drivers have somehow walked away from what was left of their cars.The commentators are astounded at how well alonso is doing,it looks as though he has been racing ovals all his life.

I hope Alonso wins.

Typical Monaco, the usual over-long procession.

There has been a fair few crashes in the indy500 so far,just been another one,veteran buddy lazier has hit the wall.Hunter-reay,alexander rossi and fernando alonso first,second and third but there is nothing between them.

---------- Post added 28-05-2017 at 19:55 ----------

Hunter-reay out,blown engine.Alonso leading again.The ninth Honda engine to blow at indianapolis,hope Alonso's stays in one piece.

---------- Post added 28-05-2017 at 20:35 ----------

Alonso's engine has blown now,good try fernando.A problem with hondas engines i think.On the plus side Max Chilton is leading.Come on Max.

---------- Post added 28-05-2017 at 20:41 ----------

Big crash,five cars taken out,under yellow 17 laps left,it looks good for Max Chilton.

---------- Post added 28-05-2017 at 21:02 ----------

Alonsos team mate ex F1 driver Takuma Sato has just won the indy 500.:clap::clap:

Edited by area 51

Just watching the indy500 live and Alonso is winning but the race has been red flagged after a massive accident between scott dixon and brit jay howard,both drivers have somehow walked away from what was left of their cars.The commentators are astounded at how well alonso is doing,it looks as though he has been racing ovals all his life.

I checked this thread, didn't post as it was already summed up...

I don't use facebook much, but checked it after reading here, and noticed on the side-feed-thing Indy 500 Live, so I clicked on it, thinking it would just show the current leaders - and it was the race, live, almost no commentary, and with no adverts! :hihi:

I thought that was a bit bizarre. So I've watched the last 50 laps. Not bad, shame Max Chilton in last 4 or 5 laps. He really slowed down, so presume running out of fuel, or perhaps minor car problem.

I watched it on BT/ESPN,first time i have watched it all the way through,what i like about oval racing is that you never know whos going to win until the last lap.More overtaking in one race than you get all season in F1.

---------- Post added 28-05-2017 at 21:44 ----------

How Scott Dixon walked away from this crash is unbelievable.http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19485046

I watched it on BT/ESPN,first time i have watched it all the way through,what i like about oval racing is that you never know whos going to win until the last lap.More overtaking in one race than you get all season in F1.

---------- Post added 28-05-2017 at 21:44 ----------

How Scott Dixon walked away from this crash is unbelievable.http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19485046

I'm not sure whether I would watch it regularly. On the BTespsn type things there are too many adverts. I probably wouldn't have watched this if ads in it as it was live streaming. I preferred not having much commentary too. Not likely to happen again. I think I just got lucky with this.

Though there are some obvious similarities to f1 (i.e. fast single seater racing), it's a completely different 'game' really. More like chess-car racing, on speed.

Vettel lucky to not be punished further the other week for his actions in Baku.

I thought Austrian GP may have been more eventful but other than the start it was a fairly quiet race.

It now seems Silverstone maybe leaving the F1 calendar.