Reporting drivers

This thread is about reporting drivers! Not murder or any other illegal activity.

True but do you not think it becomes our business if it endangers our lives? If you ignore these offences they very soon become acceptable.

Someone makes a safe left turn under questionable circumstances but it was done safely.

Hallelujah what has Sheffield forum become since this is one of the top active conversations here.

Life has a lot more to offer than silly things like this.

Last month I saw a car speeding hitting a speedbump in a turn, front wheels go up. Driver loses control and the car hits two pedestrians, then spins 360 degree and slams in a small van. The four Asian looking people in the car got out and ran away.

I didn't start a topic about it! It wont get you anywhere.

It's just a l'il ol discussion

Someone makes a safe left turn under questionable circumstances but it was done safely.

But does that make it OK?

My ex used to take the "racing line" on roundabouts (i.e. cut across lanes) and not indicate either at night or if there was nobody behind her.

Her argument was that it wasn't harming anyone.

Dutch you make it sound like we're discussing this on national TV.. We're on a Sheffield-centric forum discussing local issues

This thread is about reporting drivers! Not murder or any other illegal activity.

It's an analogy Bodie!

He's just trying to get you to think about your opinions.

After all, you've just criticized people who have the foresight to secure video evidence of activities that harm others.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 10:03 ----------

Hallelujah what has Sheffield forum become since this is one of the top active conversations here.

Last month I saw a car speeding hitting a speedbump in a turn, front wheels go up. Driver loses control and the car hits two pedestrians, then spins 360 degree and slams in a small van. The four Asian looking people in the car got out and ran away.

To be fair, the discussion here isn't exclusively about a left turn- it's moved on to videoing harrassment of cyclists, which is a very serious subject, and, which occurs with great frequency in Sheffield.

It was only last year when a cyclist was killed on a road very near me (the one that runs between the Ponderosa and Crookes Valley park)- run over from behind by a drunk driver, who than fled the scene.

That's when dash cams make a lot of sense.

The more drivers get it into their heads that, when they abuse, cut up, threaten and endanger cyclists lives, there's quite a good chance someone's going to get it on video, the more likely they're going to think before they perform whatever stupid manouver they're contemplating.

Quite agree. Cameras should be on every dashboard. In fact, they soon will be.

Too many leftie liberals on here mate, they've taken over.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 13:01 ----------

But does that make it OK?

My ex used to take the "racing line" on roundabouts (i.e. cut across lanes) and not indicate either at night or if there was nobody behind her.

Her argument was that it wasn't harming anyone.

No point indicating if theres nobody there to benefit from it, and if safe to do so the it makes sense to straighten out roundabouts. Why would you indicate and remain in lane if theres not a soul about to see?

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 13:04 ----------

To be fair, the discussion here isn't exclusively about a left turn- it's moved on to videoing harrassment of cyclists.

Just a shame those GoPro cyclists that love posting other motorists behaviour on youtube always conveniently forget to post the videos of themselves refusing to stop at red traffic lights.

Edited by WarPig

Too many leftie liberals on here mate, they've taken over.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 13:01 ----------

No point indicating if theres nobody there to benefit from it, and if safe to do so the it makes sense to straighten out roundabouts. Why would you indicate and remain in lane if theres not a soul about to see?

I hope you are including pedestrians when you say nobody there.

I hope you are including pedestrians when you say nobody there.

If theres nobody to benefit, then why indicate?

Different kettle of fish with cyclists though, they're always on the defensive and yet people still have a go at them.

Are you serious about cyclist driving defensively? You should try to drive somewhere on PoW or Ridgeway road during morning rush hour and see the cyclyists driving "defensively" at speed between the two rows of cars straight along the dashed road markings as they do not want to stay in the trafifc jam together with the other road users in the absence of the dedicated cyclist lane.

Are you serious about cyclist driving defensively? You should try to drive somewhere on PoW or Ridgeway road during morning rush hour and see the cyclyists driving "defensively" at speed between the two rows of cars straight along the dashed road markings as they do not want to stay in the trafifc jam together with the other road users in the absence of the dedicated cyclist lane.

Fltering is legal if done considerately. Though I don't often see cyclists doing it considerately.