Electrician - daily rate?

Has anyone hired an electrician in Sheffield recently for a day? Just trying to find out what a daily rate for an electrician is, as there are minor electrical jobs around the house that need doing and I was considering hiring an electrician for a day to get all (or most) of them done in a day.

£120 is what we charge some sparks are more

Edited by DVCI

Has anyone hired an electrician in Sheffield recently for a day? Just trying to find out what a daily rate for an electrician is, as there are minor electrical jobs around the house that need doing and I was considering hiring an electrician for a day to get all (or most) of them done in a day.

Why not just get a fixed price quote, including all materials? Much simpler, and less scope for any misunderstanding.

Cheers all. And does a "day" equate to 8 working hours, or more/less?

I charge £140 per day but you are better off getting a quote to do all the jobs you want doing. Some guys work quickly, some slowly, some will carry parts required, others will go to merchants to pick things up as part of your daily rate. if you get a quote for the job you know where you stand and what will be done..