My car's fuel pipes cut

Some [blank] has just cut my car's fuel pipes.

They haven't even got any of my petrol, its just been left to run out.

Fox Hill area, anyone else had this problem?

Unfortunately this is going to get more and more common. I've only ever had it done on work vans.

There's not a lot you can do unless you can fabricate and implement somesort of alarm that will set off if a sudden drop in petrol level occurs.

I had same problem twice with an Astra, the pipes were made of thin plastic and once you knew where to cut it was so easy to get to, poor design, I replaced em with metal pipes, no problem from then on. But they just fill up what ever containers they have and let the rest run down the road

Unfortunately this is going to get more and more common. I've only ever had it done on work vans.

There's not a lot you can do unless you can fabricate and implement somesort of alarm that will set off if a sudden drop in petrol level occurs.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a new product!

It's feasable and I've thought about doing it, but at the moment it's just not worth it.

I think you might find they filled up their can and didn't stick around to stop the rest dripping out.

Expect a whole lot more of this happening, it's easier than ripping off the petrol stations.

You cut the pipe, fill your canister and off you go.

You want to know what the next step will be, a tap, I predict they will find some sort of tap, like the water and gas main taps that you can just clip onto a pipe, and fill your canister at will, the car owner being none the wiser.

we used to live at Halfway yrs ago and we had our fuel pipes cut but didnt realise until we got to the bottom of a hill!!!! then wen we had to push the car across the road hubby looked underneath and said a few choice words...so cuttin fuel pipes has been goin on for a long time....petrol werent as expensive then either....wish we cud have caught them..wud have cut their hands off.....

.....I predict they will find some sort of tap, like the water and gas main taps that you can just clip onto a pipe, and fill your canister at will, the car owner being none the wiser.

Likewise! :D

On a serious note, certain cars are more prone (not going to say which, no point giving the little chavs a "how-to" guide).

But it's been going on years, and the reason most of the petrol is left to run onto the road is that a lot of the time it is kids/youths nicking a litre or two to fill up their motorbikes/mini-bikes etc. Not only because of the cost but that they aren't old enough to fill up at a petrol station.

not long after we had the petrol pipes cut..they came back for the ruddy car and took it!!! never found it...police said it wud prob have been abroad!!! some nice folk around...

thats terrible, I cant believe the lengths some people will go to

Why can't car manufacturers route the fuel pipe where it can't be cut? Inside the body work for example.