The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

This has happened to a ferroli boiler in one of our shops, plumber friend has been out and said it looks like diverter valve and he has also phoned ferroli tech who says similar.

Plumber checked valve to see if it is jammed but says it is not, says it will cost £200 for parts and labour, boiler is under warranty but need to provide some info off the installer for ferroli to honour it.

We only got the ferroli because the brother in law got us 2 for £800 as he was working in a plumbing supply wholesalers.

More than likely gona rip it out and replace with a vailant.

Get a Vailant, ferroli are crap.

The guy contracted by Ferroli has been out and changed the diverter valve, he showed it to me and it was very stiff.

He also told me that was the 5th one he had replaced that week and they are known to fail.

Hi we could take a look on thursday for you at 10am if thats any good to you, im not going to take a guess at the noise but we will know the problem if we see the boiler in person.

If you would like to book in with us please leave the boiler off that morning so it can be checked from cold cheers jon.

I have sent you a pm.

Thank you Jon from JB Heating Services. All sorted, gas fire repaired, gas checks done, fully explained.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Thanks for recommendation guys. Drop me a pm, as I wanna invite you to our new showroom in Doncaster for a cuppa and a chat.

Nice one mate, showroom looks class. Exciting times !!

I have a 7 year old Vailant condensing boiler (not combi) and although it is working fine it is very noisy on a cold start up for the first few minutes. The noise is coming from the boiler and is transmitting a vibrating noise through the pipes. It is a noise I would imagine a noisy pump would make. I am looking for someone who is familiar with Vailants and can diagnose the fault first time rather than guess as what part is faulty only to find it is something else.

I am in this Thursday if anyone can come on than day.

Looking at age of boiler, i think Vaillant made quite a few "pro" system boilers before replacing them all with the "plus" models. The "pro" models are the achilles heal for Vaillant and pump problems are common on these models. They use a cheaper pump with cheaper pump seals which degrade and bang go the pump bearings.

Bet u need a new pump.

Yes I think it is a pro model. The noise sounds like a noisy aquarium pump I had but a lot worse!

Lets hope Mr Bradley can sort it.

roughly how much to take out a old back boiler and replace with new combi boiler,would want a good boiler with decent warrenty.its a 2 bed house.

We would have to come and give you a free quote, you may need to take into account extra work such as gas run (pipe size), position of new boiler and flue options, wiring, central heating filters, plus things like thermostats on the radiators/wall and are your current radiators in good condition.

You really need the old system flushing before the new installation is carried out and if your wanting a boiler recommendation the only one i give now is the Ideal logic + with a 5 year warranty really great boiler especially the larger kw models.

Hi same as what Bradley says I would have to view the house to give you a free written quote. Please call to book a viewing time and day 07875633464

Thank you Scott

Thanks for the recommendation jeff (jsmith2009) very kind of you cheers jon.