Pink sausage..heeelp!!

I honestly do not know what possessed me, i don't usually do meat but was walking past and was hungry :(

I am hoping against hope that i am going to be okay, hate being sick :gag:

Don't worry, there wasn't much meat in it - certainly nothing that you'd usually think of as 'meat', a small part of it may have been part of a pig at one stage, but they're mostly vegetarian. It probably wont make you sick, it's unlikely there were any food poisoning germs in it & it probably was cooked fine. Just try not to think about what they put in those cheap sausages that nasty sandwich shops buy :gag:

I honestly do not know what possessed me, i don't usually do meat but was walking past and was hungry :(

I am hoping against hope that i am going to be okay, hate being sick :gag:

Give over worrying - you're going to be fine!

Give over worrying - you're going to be fine!

But what if i get food poisoning and die sitting on the bog like Elvis....oh, the shame of it :(

seriously though, i only ate a couple of mouthfuls, is that enough to make a person ill?

Some of the really cheap & nasty sausages are coloured pink to try to make them look like there's some fresh meat in them when they're uncooked. It probably was cooked & just food colouring. Unless it was a tomato sausage?

Either way, don't go back there. We shouldn't encourage these places. When sausages cost less than pet food you have to worry.

Spot on, there isn't a lot of meat in it so the slurry is dyed to make it look like animal protein. The other thing to remember is that a lot of proper sausages are made with cured pork which will retain some pinkness after cooking.

But what if i get food poisoning and die sitting on the bog like Elvis....oh, the shame of it :(

seriously though, i only ate a couple of mouthfuls, is that enough to make a person ill?

You probably won't have time to get to the bog and die like Elvis, you'll probably suffer the indignity of being discovered with the SF website open on your laptop :hihi:

You probably won't have time to get to the bog and die like Elvis, you'll probably suffer the indignity of being discovered with the SF website open on your laptop :hihi:

:o

D'ya think i should retreat to the restroom now in an attempt to catch the inevitable torrent that i just know is going to happen?

I am a gibbering wreck right now. Why oh why did i do such a stupid thing as to eat sausage from a tacky corner shop. I don't even like sausage :(

And what you doing on a 'pink sausage' thread BF?:nono:

richmond are the best sausages i have had and i eat enogh and there pink in the middle no matter how long u destroy them for i mean cook lol!!!