Parking at the Francis Newton pub

Going to meet a friend here tomorrow, I know you have to pay for parking and that u get it back when u purchase something, does anyone know how long you can stay I will be in the pub not going anywhere else ???

Don't pay it. Its a private company called europark.

I've been a hundred times never seen a warden.

Wetherspoons want to stop people parking there for the hospital, which is fair enough. But asking them to pay is a joke, which they cant enforce anyway.

Hi its £1 an hour but you get a voucher with your parking ticket to take inside and they take it off your bill, so really its free to park. I understand what TJC1 is saying but why give yourself the stress of receiving letters about a 'fine' when it can be totally avoided. I think you can stay for 3 hours but I'm not certain of that, it certainly isn't any less than 3 hours.

Hi its £1 an hour but you get a voucher with your parking ticket to take inside and they take it off your bill, so really its free to park. I understand what TJC1 is saying but why give yourself the stress of receiving letters about a 'fine' when it can be totally avoided. I think you can stay for 3 hours but I'm not certain of that, it certainly isn't any less than 3 hours.

I think you can pay for 1, 2 or 3 hours, but I think it's now £1:20 per hour. We sometimes eat there and last time I went paid £2:40 for 2 hours, IIRC. Although our meal usually takes less than 1 hour, we might as well pay for two, as we get it back anyway.

I use the SFN car park fairly often the last time was I think 19th Dec. Paid £1 ph and as usual paid for 2hrs.

You are supposed to spend minimum £10 which is easy if 2 of you are eating.

Hand over the ticket when you pay for the food. I have had refunds on much less than £10 bill.

Its a 2-part ticket. Make sure you display the correct half.

Believe me when I say the warden is KEEN. I have been ticketed twice but got the tickets overturned as they were times I was parked up for the hospital and they were very genuine cases for a delay in return.

Enjoy....

I overheard the duty manager saying recently that in reality any valid ticket displayed would allow you to park there for pretty much as long as needed.

Just anecdotal, but as previous poster has said, these private invoice based companies can't really enforce anything now...

This seems a very fair system to me. Annoying But fair.

I overheard the duty manager saying recently that in reality any valid ticket displayed would allow you to park there for pretty much as long as needed.

Just anecdotal, but as previous poster has said, these private invoice based companies can't really enforce anything now...

This point seems to lost on most people on this thread and in general. It's not enforceable.

All they are doing, by paying for private parking, is making it difficult for everyone. It's keeping the private parking companies like excel in business. More and more spaces will be patrolled by private companies.

So, you are not doing the right thing by complying.

This point seems to lost on most people on this thread and in general. It's not enforceable.

All they are doing, by paying for private parking, is making it difficult for everyone. It's keeping the private parking companies like excel in business. More and more spaces will be patrolled by private companies.

People aren't complying and paying to the parking company. What people are saying is that if you are using the pub then paying for the parking and getting it reimbursed is a lot less hassle than having loads of demand letters come through the post, even if they are not enforceable. No on has said to pay the invoice, this thread is not about that and if you want to comment on that go to the other millions of threads dedicated to that. It is common courtesy to not park in a company's car park if you are not visiting the company, you would be very annoyed if you went to a pub and couldn't park because the car park was full of people who are not using the pub.

People aren't complying and paying to the parking company. What people are saying is that if you are using the pub then paying for the parking and getting it reimbursed is a lot less hassle than having loads of demand letters come through the post, even if they are not enforceable. No on has said to pay the invoice, this thread is not about that and if you want to comment on that go to the other millions of threads dedicated to that. It is common courtesy to not park in a company's car park if you are not visiting the company, you would be very annoyed if you went to a pub and couldn't park because the car park was full of people who are not using the pub.

I totally agree if I received one of these 'fines' and they were sending me letters and threatening court action I would be very stressed about it.

We visit the Francis Newton fairly frequently and I would never not pay to park its just not worth the hassle.

“Making it difficult for everyone?” Certainly not. People parking and paying make it better for me, (and I would guess also better for other customers). I am not inconvenienced. I’m quite happy with the current system.

What they are doing is making it easier for all customers. If I were to drive there and find that the car park was already full, then I would take my custom elsewhere. If I did this this two or three times on the trot I would assume that it would always be the case and so not bother going back.

If the reason that the car park was full was because Pub was also full of customers, then the owners would be happy enough. However, if it was because the car park was being used by people not eating or drinking there, they would be less happy. I presume this was the case, and why they acted to bring in the charges.

Not disputing wetherspoons have to keep the carpark for pub users. You misunderstood. I think it is the point that if you keep complying you are adding to the problem though.

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 15:03 ----------

“Making it difficult for everyone?” Certainly not. People parking and paying make it better for me, (and I would guess also better for other customers). I am not inconvenienced. I’m quite happy with the current system.

What they are doing is making it easier for all customers. If I were to drive there and find that the car park was already full, then I would take my custom elsewhere. If I did this this two or three times on the trot I would assume that it would always be the case and so not bother going back.

If the reason that the car park was full was because Pub was also full of customers, then the owners would be happy enough. However, if it was because the car park was being used by people not eating or drinking there, they would be less happy. I presume this was the case, and why they acted to bring in the charges.

What about all the people who pay 'invoices' from private companies. If these companies did not exist this wouldnt happen. If more people 'grew a pair' and stopped thinking about themselves and their 'inconviniences' we'd all be better off.

Edited by TJC1