Piping/Icing bag sets

It depends what you want them for and how serious you are about it. My advice as a retired serious cake decorator is don't by cheap plastic rubbish. I would highly recommend Russums Rotherham for the tubes, as for piping bags, buy a roll of greaseproof paper and make your own, a lot cheaper.

Mrs Smithy266 had a clear out only the other day and rediscovered just what you are after......... But the girl next door snapped it up!

It depends what you want them for and how serious you are about it. My advice as a retired serious cake decorator is don't by cheap plastic rubbish. I would highly recommend Russums Rotherham for the tubes, as for piping bags, buy a roll of greaseproof paper and make your own, a lot cheaper.

It's not for anything special, just for events at work. I won't be attempting to sell them to the public or anything! I'm quite a skilled baker and I am confident enough to do anything but piping has always been my achilles heel. I have an event coming up so want to try and get some practise in. Thanks for the advice. I would have steered clear of plastic tubes as these have let me down before. That's a great tip about the greaseproof! I'll remember that :)

It's not for anything special, just for events at work. I won't be attempting to sell them to the public or anything! I'm quite a skilled baker and I am confident enough to do anything but piping has always been my achilles heel. I have an event coming up so want to try and get some practise in. Thanks for the advice. I would have steered clear of plastic tubes as these have let me down before. That's a great tip about the greaseproof! I'll remember that :)

If you're wanting to use a large nozzle, Im not sure a greaseproof bag would be strong enough to hold enough icing/frosting to make it worthwhile. I'm a bit like you, I make cakes for charity events & friends etc. I bought a roll of disposable piping bags from Lakeland. They cost £8.99 (bit pricey, I admit. I didn't realise they did a cheaper version at £6.19) but they are useful and they're lasting a good long time. However, when I was checking the prices I found a link to a place in Milton Keynes that seems to sell a vast range of cake related stuff at reasonable prices (including a roll of 100 piping bags for £3.95). I know it's no good to you right now but it's here http://www.cn-ice.com/ I'll certainly be having a look next time I need to stock up on things. Postage seems to be £2.95 - worth it if you're ordering a few things at the same time.

If you're wanting to use a large nozzle, Im not sure a greaseproof bag would be strong enough to hold enough icing/frosting to make it worthwhile. I'm a bit like you, I make cakes for charity events & friends etc. I bought a roll of disposable piping bags from Lakeland. They cost £8.99 (bit pricey, I admit. I didn't realise they did a cheaper version at £6.19) but they are useful and they're lasting a good long time. However, when I was checking the prices I found a link to a place in Milton Keynes that seems to sell a vast range of cake related stuff at reasonable prices (including a roll of 100 piping bags for £3.95). I know it's no good to you right now but it's here http://www.cn-ice.com/ I'll certainly be having a look next time I need to stock up on things. Postage seems to be £2.95 - worth it if you're ordering a few things at the same time.

You're a mine of information! I went into crazy about cakecraft on my way home and got exactly what I needed. It's a fantastic shop. It's a shame it's so hidden away! I picked up a few disposable bags as well so I think I'm all set now. I've added that website to my favourites so I can treat myself to a few things. Thanks so much for all your help. You're a star!:)