Afternoon Tea in Sheffield

I have used the search function but the threads are a few years old and wondered if anyone had a more recent experience.

I'm looking for a lovely afternoon tea (the whole sandwiches, cakes and scones rather than a cream tea). I've seen Leopold Hotel and St Paul's. What are these like? We've been bought a Spa Experience at 1877 so wondered about going there mid morning, then walking down to somewhere lovely (a bit luxurious) for afternoon tea. So ideally somewhere in Sheffield rather than a drive away.

Anyone had any lovely/awful experiences we should know about?

My OH sometimes goes to St. Pauls and really enjoys it. I think you can pay a bit more and get a glass of champagne included which might be nice.

There's a tea shop on Surrey Street, in the row with the Sheffield Scene, pen shop and Taylor-Taylor. Lovely little place.

If you want a really special afternoon tea try The Ritz in London, I know not on this occasion but if you want a special day out try that, about £40 per person but you get the lot in the Palm Court

The St Paul is a classic afternoon tea but there's a great place just at the side of M&S back door on Chapel Walk.

I've had afternoon tea there and it was lovely, a Sheffield* version of Betty's :D

*cheaper, in other words! ;)

I used the Charity Unleashed voucher last year at the Leopold Hotel. I think it was the most expensive option which included a glass of champagne and I thought it was lovely, very civilised. It's not something I would have done ordinarily so not sure how it compares to St Paul's etc.

Andrews on Chapel walk, (the one that goes from the crucible to fargate)

Great ideas, thank you :)

If you want a really special afternoon tea try The Ritz in London, I know not on this occasion but if you want a special day out try that, about £40 per person but you get the lot in the Palm Court

Actually this is what my mum wants to give us :)...but it's a long old haul to London and thought this would make a nice alternative. And the other half is not as keen on the whole 'afternoon tea' option as I am. :rolleyes:

I used the Charity Unleashed voucher last year at the Leopold Hotel. I think it was the most expensive option which included a glass of champagne and I thought it was lovely, very civilised. It's not something I would have done ordinarily so not sure how it compares to St Paul's etc.

We used our voucher here too - and thought it was awful.

Dried up sandwiches which had clearly been prepared hours before (came wrapped in cellophane (nice!) , dry scones with basic jams - if I had paid the £20 per head they were priced at I would have been sorely put out!

Iv been to the Leopold Hotel a few times with friends as they live in London and we dont get to see each other often.

We go as a treat and we have the sandwiches, scones, choice of a hot drink (hot choc is nice) and the glass of champagne.

I would recommend it.

Iv been to the Leopold Hotel a few times with friends as they live in London and we dont get to see each other often.

We go as a treat and we have the sandwiches, scones, choice of a hot drink (hot choc is nice) and the glass of champagne.

I would recommend it.

Perhaps - as this is now two votes in favour - we were simply unfortunate the day we went.

Andrews on Chapel walk, (the one that goes from the crucible to fargate)

seconded. their food is lovely, and the service is great.