2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Sheffield window centre on broad lane ,they come out and then give you a free quote through post and then it's up to you to call them if you wish to take them up on their quote

Hi can anyone recommend a person or company that can fit a new garden gate and re-fit some new fencing panels that were poorly installed by a previous home owner. Looking for work to be done in Stannington. Must be good quality and affordable and be able to supply the gate etc. thanks

I can recommend Dean from Acorn Fencing, excellent finish, and reasonably priced. His number is 07514750959 or 01142340769

Hi can anyone refer a reliable and affordable builder to repoint / fix garden wall? Or do I need to get bricklayer to help? There are front garden walls, back garden side wall and also it's back wall. How much does it cost on average (e.g per sq ft?) Many thanks.

A recommendation for Jeff Smith (jsmith2009 on here). I found Jeff through previous recommendations on SF and he and his team have been working at our house either side of Christmas on a full renovation project (internal re-modelling, re-pointing, roofing, plastering, joinery (Jeff's trade), plumbing, decorating etc). As well as doing a great job of the joinery work, he has also been really helpful in helping manage the overall project and provide recommendations for other trades where required.

Also a recommendation for Sam Lovatt (one of Jeff's suggestions and Sam @ Dearne on here), who has done a great job and taken a great deal of care in fully renovating both our main bathroom and downstairs toilet.

It's been nice to work with tradespeople who not only produce top results but also act with a great deal of personal integrity and I would definitely use both of them again in the future (I've already passed Sam's details to my in-laws for their bathroom!)

A big shout out & a huge thanks to the lej that is Leepy (07946237432), who once again has done some internal work for me.

Many thanks for fitting me in Lee, it is much appreciated.

Also a big thanks to John from s6 Plastering & Tiling (07977053203) who did some work on my parents house recently, it's a little overdue so apologies for that!

I can't recommend Lee or John highly enough & all work completed is to an extremely high standard, as always.

Many thanks.

Jeff Smith of Joinery solutions has done work for us before which has always been of a very high standard. This time, the project was an ambitious one: installing a new kitchen, which, as well as the actual installation, involved arranging and co-ordinating plastering and electrical work. All of this was carried out impeccably. During the course of the work, we discovered that our kitchen floorboards and joists needed totally replacing. We were glad that Jeff was around to sort this out very calmly and efficiently. As I've said before on this site, I recommend him very highly indeed.

hi Pete and rosemary thank you for work kind regards jeff and team

scaffolding

I'd like to recommend hi-vis scaffolding. Scaffolded out a terrace house to gutter level for £280. I'd been paying £360. John (I think was his name) turned up when he said he would and took the scaffold down almost straight away when we'd finished with it ( that was the reason I changed Scaffolder's, waiting for them to be taken down)

Anyway I thought I'd let people know I was happy with the service and easily the cheapest I've come across.

Contact number 01142210634.

Just had to write about Slaters Ariel company. If your TVs is needing a new Ariel or just setting up correctly these are the people to do it. Highly recommend ,I got company from recommendations on Sheffield Forum and was not disappointed cheap,cheerful and certanly no there stuff.

Hello Forummers.

We are looking to have our kitchen entirely ripped out and replaced, potentially including an extension into our garden (depending on cost).

Can anyone recommend reliable builders who are prepared to come out and quote? We have phoned a couple who don't seem to want to get back to us!