2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Hi,

Any one could recommend a good clean and reliable plumber to fit a mira shower, connected to the main gas? The pipes are already there, it is just a replacement.

Thanks

Main GAS? You sure?

Main GAS? You sure?

Sorry i mean the shower will be heated by gas boiler which are already plumbed. So it's basically just a replacement shower.

Thanks

Hi,

Any one could recommend a good clean and reliable plumber to fit a mira shower, connected to the main gas? The pipes are already there, it is just a replacement.

Thanks

Can you upload a photo, there's a lot of variables here.

If it's a bar valve swap it should be quick and easy, if it's a concealed valve it could be a 2 day job after replacing tiles etc.

If anyone wants a good plumber I recommend Sam Lovatt of Dearne Plumbing and Bathrooms. He did a tricky job for me that other plumbers weren't interested in, and the price was very reasonable. Thanks Sam!

I'd thoroughly recommend Sam Lovatt too. We had a kitchen ceiling dripping right before we went on holiday; although it was the weekend, I was desperate so called Sam and he answered. Arrived promptly and sorted it out at a very reasonable price. Have now assigned him to do our bathroom before summer. Highly recommended.

Hi all,

Just moved into a new house near totley. Last night found out the pipes down the kitchen taps are leaking.

Recommend any plumber could do an emergent repair?

Many thanks,

Many thanks to Sam @ Dearne (well known plumber on this forum) who sorted out a dripping main valve instantly.

To be honest, I don't know if the out call charge is the cheapest, BUT certainly NOT expensive one at all. The thing is that you pay for what you get best. Sam was called late night by me reporting a dripping of my main valve and offered to come immediately or advising me to turn off the valve and wait to see tomorrow as the leaking is not flooding the kitchen but certainly needs attention immediately.

I messaged him the next morning reporting the leaking is on and he came immediately at 9ish and fixed the leaking.

Many people would say, it's a easy job just tightening things but as advised by Sam, it should be done by a qualified plumber to do it probably thus avoiding turning your kitchen into a bathroom. The thing I am most pleased is that sam did it at INSTANT short notice and very professional and on time without giving you a surprising bill.

Many thanks Sam. Will definitely use him again.

James Foulkes (07472248773) of Lomas Joinery has just completed some work boxing in my boiler and creating a cupboard under the stairs. He was everything you could want in a tradesman - prompt, efficient, vey flexible and accommodating, well-priced, and I didn't have to wait months. Would definitely use him again. He's from S6 - but you can't have everything :-)

Edited by 4-4-2

Another thanks to sam for sorting out a sink and tap and do some extra sealing for shower tray almost free!

Very polite, genuine, reasonable and transparent priced tradesman.

---------- Post added 24-12-2016 at 14:00 ----------

Also great many thanks to the following:

Matt from MJB electrical. Very professional team do the consumer box upgrade. Almost have to rewire due to constant tripping when new RCD is put on. But the team (Matt and two young chaps) has lifted all boards and identified a stupid useless faulty line installed by previous electrician. This cost them almost extra half a day but didn't put me extra charge and save me a huge amount to rewire etc. Also, helped to sort out all external lights where I cannot reach.

Dan the roofer who replaced my flat roof and helped me to replace a shower in short notice. Yesterday, the new bay roof has passed a stern test and I am very happy.

Jazer who helped to install a membrane along the porch to block seeping water and fix the flashing over the roof. Very tidy and efficient job.

Merry xmas to all tradesman who have worked hard for our sheffield community.

Edited by jordan2

Looking for a window cleaner in S20, just off Windmill Greenway. Any suggestions please?

Thanks Jordon

Happy to help

Matt ??

Another thanks to sam for sorting out a sink and tap and do some extra sealing for shower tray almost free!

Matt from MJB electrical. Very professional team do the consumer box upgrade. Almost have to rewire due to constant tripping when new RCD is put on. But the team (Matt and two young chaps) has lifted all boards and identified a stupid useless faulty line installed by previous electrician. This cost them almost extra half a day but didn't put me extra charge and save me a huge amount to rewire etc. Also, helped to sort out all external lights where I cannot reach.

Dan the roofer who replaced my flat roof and helped me to replace a shower in short notice. Yesterday, the new bay roof has passed a stern test and I am very happy.

Thanks Jordan. Finally managed the flat roof replacements between the rain showers !!!

can anyone recommend a supplier and fitter for a new front door. thank you.