Castle Market Closing Date

Hello, when does Castle Market finally close for good then as am sure they will have a due date in mind.

I would also love the area from Castle House all the way down to the Wicker to be demolished and redeveloped as it looks filthy and offensive.

There was a petition or thread on Sheffield Forum a while ago entitled 'Leave Castle Market alone, it's ours'.

Good grief, it's a dump!!! I understand people's sentimental attatchment to a particular place but that wouldn't blind me to the fact it's an eyesore.

Having said that I don't agree that all of that area is offensive. The old Courts is a beautiful building, shame it can't be redeveloped, Same too with the old Post Office building - nobody would have the money or vision to build something as grand as those buildings. Not in Sheffield anyway.

I like Wilkinsons down there, and the fruit stall next to Wilkinsons :love:

Hello, when does Castle Market finally close for good then as am sure they will have a due date in mind.

I would also love the area from Castle House all the way down to the Wicker to be demolished and redeveloped as it looks filthy and offensive.

We should build a mental asylum there innit...

Why can't the Old Court House/ Old Town Hall and Post Office be redeveloped? The area is a slum and its only Wilkinsons that keeps it open. There surely is someone with vision and ideas to open up this part of our city.

Good ridance to the Castle Market monstosity, the sooner its gone the better.

If the old courts aren't ever going to be redeveloped, then sad as it would be, it might as well be demolished. It is only going to keep on deteriorating.

The ex main post office in Fitzalan Square hasn't been empty as long and surely something could be done with it. The universities seem to grab everything that's available, why don't they take it on.

If the old courts aren't ever going to be redeveloped, then sad as it would be, it might as well be demolished. It is only going to keep on deteriorating.

The ex main post office in Fitzalan Square hasn't been empty as long and surely something could be done with it. The universities seem to grab everything that's available, why don't they take it on.

I thought plans had been mooted to use the old PO as a university/college for overseas students.

It would certainly inject some much needed cash and vibrancy into the area. Demolish the old market buildings and open the site up as a parkland setting for the castle ruins, running down to the canal basin, and downgrade the road separating the canal basin from the market area.

All thats needed is a bucketload of cash....

Plans definitely afoot to reuse the Post Office; don't think anyone will touch the old town hall though.

It's a shame that nobody bothered to pop along to the display about the city masterplan, the old post office is going to be developed which means that the square is also going to get a facelift according to one of the officers i spoke to. The old courthouse is privately owned but I was also told that work to develop that area would be far more likely to happen once the market has been moved

---------------------

Why yer not thinking of nicking lead off the roof are you. :hihi::hihi:

I'd quite like to know what's in store for Castle House. It's been five years and still it sits empty in a prime space in town. Surely there is something that can be done with it to attract a store (or several stores) to move there?