Elmwood Farm - new pub due to open at Beighton

Seems like work is progressing at a rapid rate at the new Elmwood Farm pub on the A57 at Beighton, well its not actually in Beighton, its in Rotherham, just after the Welcome To Rotherham sign. They are now ready to put the roof on, and look on the projected target of an August opening to me.

Seem to be a lot of employment opportunities on offer, see link below ...

http://www.caterer.com/JobSeeking/Chefs--Assistant-Manager_job56365654

Hope it doesn't go the same way as the Wetherby, two minutes away and now abandoned with the steel shutters up.

'Family Friendly' its says ... oh dear ... not another Lock Keeper, but I suppose you can't pre judge it before you've have paid a visit?

yeh August opening, i went for a job interveiw with them last week and it all sounded like its going to be a great place. Some delicious food to come aswell, the menus looked yummy!

yeh August opening, i went for a job interveiw with them last week and it all sounded like its going to be a great place. Some delicious food to come aswell, the menus looked yummy!

Hope it works out for them, just got to keep the scoats out from day one, there seems to have been a big clear out of them at the Gypsy Queen, just hope they don't make their way up to the Elmwood Farm ... there are plenty of low lifes around there shown as a testimonial to the Wetherby.

Edited by sedith
wrong tense

Elmwood farm wonder why they will call it that ? It's very close to the old Beighton and Brookhouse pits.

Elmwood farm wonder why they will call it that ? It's very close to the old Beighton and Brookhouse pits.

Maybe they should have just called it 'The Pits'

They should indeed as it will be another branded chain pub selling overpriced beer and bland food, avoid.

Very good ....especially with your user name.:D

Just talking to an old miner in Beighton , he tells me there was a farm very near to the pub , it's where they kept all the pit ponies, however he can't remember the name of the farm but this might be why they are calling it that ?

Think the owners are Vintage Inns, so set up and menus will be same as Mossbrook at Eckington

I dont think it is a Vintage Inn pub, I think its the same pubco as own the Monksbridge Farm at Dinnington, all there branded pubs have Farm at the end of the name, location is irellevant. Monksbridge Farm serves poor quality food aimed at chav families.

Seems like work is progressing at a rapid rate at the new Elmwood Farm pub on the A57 at Beighton, well its not actually in Beighton, its in Rotherham, just after the Welcome To Rotherham sign. They are now ready to put the roof on, and look on the projected target of an August opening to me.

Seem to be a lot of employment opportunities on offer, see link below ...

http://www.caterer.com/JobSeeking/Chefs--Assistant-Manager_job56365654

Hope it doesn't go the same way as the Wetherby, two minutes away and now abandoned with the steel shutters up.

'Family Friendly' its says ... oh dear ... not another Lock Keeper, but I suppose you can't pre judge it before you've have paid a visit?

It is now the HQ of a company called Airmaster.

Am i the only one who wonders why they are building a pub that sells alcohol on a site that is best visited by car,as it's on the edge of industrial units and the a57 with no houses in the immediate vicinity.It seems like the perfect place for the police to lay a trap and breathalise people as they leave the pub.I know it's mainly a glorified cafe/restaurant but it must still need to achieve a level of alcohol sales to satisfy the owners,so am i naive in thinking every driver who visits will not drink?

Wouldn't it have been better to develop the Wetherby site,what do others think?