1960s and 1970s Sweets

What sweets would we have had as kids growing up in Sheffield in 1the 1960s and early 1970s?

A lot of the sweets I remember are still available, stuff like parma violets, fruit salads & blackjacks. Spangles were popular, and rainbow crystals as I recall. Aztec bars were yummy, I don't think there is an equivalent of those nowadays. Anyone remember the advert for Refreshers? "Thruppence...they fizz"

In the early 40's we didn't have any; in the late 40's and early 50's they were rationed. I've got a real sweet tooth now though.

used to love coals from newcastle,similar to fizz bombs but the colour of a brillo pad!cant get them anymore and fizz bombs have halved in size.

In the 60's I had a fondness for Rowntrees' Liquorice Gums. Yer don't get'em thesedays

When sweets came off ration, about 1953 I think, I used like old English licqourice bonbons. They'd probably play havoc with my fillings now but I'd risk a bag right now if I could lay my hands on them.

Anorak Time ! Spangles were discontinued in 1984. I still buy Blackjacks though - they are 3p each now (come in packets of 10), not 4 for an old penny.

Sailor boy fizz cubes , Mojos, peas and potatoes.

regards Mick

Who remembers Lucky Bags, can't for my life remember what was in them.

Seem to think they contained some sort of mysterious gift amongst other tasty goodies but what was that mystery gift?

Sherbert Pips! really sour little things but lovely!